Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us what you've made!

Vanessa Anne

Familiar Face
I finaly did it! My first dress in 10 years! Took me about a week in total, however I do have a knitting project on the go as well. I'm happy with it. What do you gals think?

Here are the pics to prove it.

I so need to go on a diet.

This is me trying to re-create that famous pose that lady on e-bay does...
S2400063.jpg

Close up of the top of the dress...
S2400072.jpg

The fabric is a pattern of stamps and the word "airmail"
S2400061.jpg

The lining - well I stole this idea from Lady Day - it's a total contrast.
Chilli Peppers!!!! This was taken when I was still sewing it so it looks a bit scruffy in the pic.
S2400062.jpg

MaryDeluxe

Practically Family
Thanks for all the advice and help ladies! I will post a pic when I'm done!

Vanessa Anne your dress looks lovely. I really like that fabric, very cute!

RetroModelSari

Practically Family
I´m stunned by all the beautifull things and outfits made in my absence!!!!!!

Goldwyn Girl: Was it hard to do? I have that simplicity pattern and I´m a bit scared to go ahead with it since I imagine it to be a hard one...

sophia la shok

One of the Regulars
vanessa- that dress is wonderful. and you have a cracking figure also;)

i'm going to have to start making my dresses. it seems that vintage clothes in my size are hard to come by unless you want to look like you're actually wearing a moomoo. hmm.

ohairas

Call Me a Cab
Goldwyn you look stunning! Great print and colors!

Vanessa, great dress! And you don't need to diet!
I can't wait to post my first dress ever, lol!
Nikki

Vanessa Anne

Familiar Face
Thank you for all your kind words!

I've bought some more fabric (different patterns) and I'm now going to make 2more dresses from the same pattern.

Good pun by the way O'Hairas!

Oh - goldwyn girl - where did you get that dress pattern for the wrap/hawaiian dress you are wearing? I'd give an arm or a leg to get my hands on one like that.:D

Pink Dahlia

Call Me a Cab
I didn't make this skirt but RedHortRidinHood did (it's the Pink Dahlia skirt). And she said I could show off her work! She even lent me the belt and showed me where my natural waist was. Talk about clueless!

l_24e5e0ac428aa453d968ec9e8b10dc2b.jpg

Isn't she super! :D

goldwyn girl

One Too Many
Thank you Lady Day.
RetroModelSari said:
I´m stunned by all the beautifull things and outfits made in my absence!!!!!!

Goldwyn Girl: Was it hard to do? I have that simplicity pattern and I´m a bit scared to go ahead with it since I imagine it to be a hard one...

Sari, this was made from a fiftes sarong dress not the simplicity pattern. I cut a pattern from the dress. I have made the skirt section from the simplicity pattern and attached it to a different pattern top. I found I needed to make the skirt longer, I think it's to short to be correct. It was'nt difficult. This is the best photo I can find at the moment to show the different top I put on the simplicity skirt. I am in the process of making another one at the moment. The fabric was not the best choice for this dress so it looks bad in the photo.

viewphoto-2.jpg

goldwyn girl

One Too Many
Thank you Nikki. I was pleased at the way it came out.

Vanessa Anne said:
Oh - goldwyn girl - where did you get that dress pattern for the wrap/hawaiian dress you are wearing? I'd give an arm or a leg to get my hands on one like that.:D

Simplicity made a sarong dress pattern which you could use to make the skirt. I believe it's out of print now but you may find it on ebay. I don't like the bodice pattern so I use a different pattern to add what ever top half I like. As I said in my reply to Sari, that particular one is cut from a fifties dress I have.
I was doing some searching while replying and found that you can still get the pattern from Simplicity in their out of print pattern section, hope this helps.

4559.jpg

ohairas

Call Me a Cab
Whoa Nelly!!!! Goldwyn you are a knockout in that pink dress! I love it, and the fabric!

Pink, are you sure you're not too pure to be pink? LOL! Love it... what exactly is the print on the skirt? Now you just need a pointy bra! ;)
Good job RHRH!

Nikki

goldwyn girl

One Too Many
ohairas said:
Whoa Nelly!!!! Goldwyn you are a knockout in that pink dress! I love it, and the fabric!

Nikki

Thank you Nikki, I love the fabric but it was not the best chioce for that style. I currently making another in green.
I also made one in black with gold dragons, I don't have a close up of it though.

838053-R1-10-15.jpg

MaryDeluxe

Practically Family
goldwyn girl said:
Thank you Nikki, I love the fabric but it was not the best chioce for that style. I currently making another in green.
I also made one in black with gold dragons, I don't have a close up of it though.

838053-R1-10-15.jpg

Thank you for the pattern info! I love your dresses, they turned out so nice! And I actually have that pattern laying around here somewhere? I totally forgot I bought it last year! lol Thanks for the motivation!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe