Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us what you've made!

Miss Dottie

Practically Family
Daisy Buchanan said:
Now that sounds like my kind of stuff!!:D

I remember this event from last year. If I'm thinking of the same one, it is mostly Victorian and some Edwardian. Most of the vendors last year were either fabric dealers or people selling museum quality pieces, that were way way out of my price range.

I know the Worcester, Framingham, Natick areas pretty well. I lived in Worcester for five years. I don't know of any vintage shoppes out there, but I imagine that the thrift stores get some good things. I hear that further west, in the Stockbridge/Sturbridge area there are some great places. I'm gonna have to get out there at some point.
QUOTE]

I used to work at Old Sturbridge Village (yup--as a living historical interpreter, which means I know far too much about 1830s New England) and we used to go to every Brimfield fair. I remember it as being HUGE and I woud buy vintage quilt tops from the 30s for about $20 or so. Beautiful fabrics. If you turn down the right aisle, you'll find a good chunk of stuff from the 20s-40s. So don't give up on it completely.

I think the events happen on three day weekends--Memorial Day, Fourth of July and Labor Day.

ricki

Familiar Face
We've been trying to make it to Brimfield for the past year or so, but something always seems to come up (usually the weather sucks.)

2007 BRIMFIELD ANTIQUE SHOW DATES
May 8-13 • July 10-15 • September 4-9

We're hoping to go to the next one, but we'll see.

I also love going to Todd's Farm in Rawley, but there are usually not clothes there. You never know what will pop up. I picked up a great pair of 40's shoes there last time.

Please excuse a repeat.

I know I posted this before on the hanger but I just had to share how it looks on. This is a Jessica McClintock pattern but I love the retro feel. This is my step-daughters prom gown. I was quite pleased at how well it turned out.
dress1-2.jpg

CanadaDoll

Practically Family
The dress looks lovely, and it looks amazing on your step daughter, you did a marvelous job sewing it:eusa_clap

I am so impressed with everyone's sewing skills here:)

ohairas

Call Me a Cab
I need to catch up on this thread... but Cherry that prom gown looks fabulous! Love the colors~

Here's my project for the week. I'm going to the Titanic museum in Branson this weekend. I have several dresses I'm hoping to get pics taken in. I have a few prom dresses that are "do-able" for the jump gown, so I'm revamping this one at the moment. It's a Morgan and Co. dress, which came out soon after the movie Titanic. You can find them on ebay once in a while, along with the Faviana dress which, supposedly, Brittany Spears wore to her prom. I have two of those gowns.

Anyhoo... needed some embellishing before becoming a JUMP gown. SO, have been adding the beaded fringe and such. Today I cut the overdress, :eek: at the knees to mimic Rose's. It was scary cutting into that fabric!

Here's pics so far,
http://new.photos.yahoo.com/ohairas/album/576460762343345195#page1
I'll load more pics soon.

Nikki

Miss Dottie

Practically Family
Oh Nikki, it looks amazing!

I'd heard about the repro dresses that J. Peterson had done, but I hadn't heard of this.

And what is the Faviana dress?

ohairas

Call Me a Cab
Miss Dottie said:
Oh Nikki, it looks amazing!

I'd heard about the repro dresses that J. Peterson had done, but I hadn't heard of this.

And what is the Faviana dress?

Thanks everyone! There's a pic of the Faviana dress here, about the third pic down. It's small tho,
http://www.sensibility.com/titanic/titanicresources/
You can do a google search for faviano titanic dress and there's one on craiglist with good pics.
I have one in a size 3/4, and one that's a 9 I think. I'm going with the Morgan and Co one tho, because I'm in between those two sizes right now, and I'd have to hem them, ugh!
Nikki

dandelion-vint

One of the Regulars
This weekend I did a little sewing for myself. First was a top, made from vintage cotton, using a 1930s pajama top pattern -

451235265_41562e75d9_m.jpg

Next was a purse, using a fun piece of vintage cotton that has jungle and native print. I had the old wooden purse handles, and all that I had to do was slide the fabric through the handles and stitch it, then stitch down the sides.

451235263_dc5d1df79b_m.jpg

I'm ready for Summer!

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
My sweater

Britex, a super upscale fabric store here in the citay, had a HUGE sale on their remnants, 50% off! :eek:

This super thick yummy cable knit wool is from Italy, and is a rich dark blue. It was $100 a yard, the remnant was 2 5/8 yards for $89. So I got almost 3 yards of this super yummy fabric for $45. SQUEEEEE!!!!

blue1.jpg

blue2.jpg

I based it off of a sweater I already have and it turned out well. So much of it is hand sewn to keep the yummyness. I like how it turned out and its super comfortable (with its cotton lining ;) ).

Yay fabric scores!

LD

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe