Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us what you've made!

kymeratale

One of the Regulars
Whew! I have been poking around through this thread for a bit and am amazed at the all lovely things I see. I should warn you all though, I am using you mercilessly. I am using all the lovely things posted here as inspiration for getting out my mother's old sewing machine and learning how to sew. Time for me to get on the horn and see about signing up for a sewing class!

Lorena B

Practically Family
Wow!! is been such a long time since i posted a pic here that i almost forgot how to do it.
Have been doing some bits, not many as i am back to full time student life.
A New Years Eve dress that i haven't used.
DSC02163.jpg

DSC02164.jpg

DSC02165.jpg

Another one for NYE that I did use and really was a success.
This pics are after wearing it, so you can see some of the pearls a bit undone in one side, something that with the tobacco smell, i had already to sort out.
DSC02166.jpg

DSC02167.jpg

I did the beading by hand, one by one. Quite tedious job but the result is lots better than sewing an already made applique.
DSC02168.jpg

And a Summer frock, i am not too sure about the sleeves as they make me look a bit boxy so i will make this one sleeveless.
DSC02162.jpg

DSC02161.jpg

Hope you liked then :)

Shirin

A-List Customer
Lorena B said:
DSC02163.jpg

Very Cool. I like the sequin fabric. I'm working on the same pattern in black. Hope mine turns out as nice as yours.
Were you going to wear long white gloves too? That would look really pretty with your gown.

swingkitten85

Familiar Face
Amy Jeanne said:
So I bought myself a serger this xmas. And I made this:

4231855466_78f431774e_o.jpg

WOW! I really love this dress--fantastic job, Amy Jeanne! :) Has having a serger made things easier sewing-wise? I just ordered mine yesterday (hurrah for Christmas $$! lol) ), and am eagerly awaiting it in the hopes that it'll make things a bit more streamlined... ;)

Amy Jeanne

Call Me a Cab
Thanks, girls!

I have Simplicity serger. I'm wearing this dress today and I feel like it's "neater" and better looking than my "pinked" dresses. I love my serger....I think it's kinda FUN to use. My friend swears serging is the most "boring" part of making a dress! Perhaps that novelty will wear off, but I still find marking the material to be the most boring part.

And, of course, I love all the recent creations!! Inspire, girls, inspire!!! I need to sew more!

Lauren

Distinguished Service Award
I agree Amy Jeanne! Cutting and marking are by far the most boring for me, too. I still like serging- but with a certain dread if the thread breaks and I have to rethread it lol I live for thrill, obviously.

Lovely dresses, Lorena B! What a lot of work hand beading the velvet!

kamikat

Call Me a Cab
I know several ladies have made Eva Dress overalls. Did y'all use the "1936 Overall Ensemble" or the "1940's Trousers and Overalls"?

kamikat

Call Me a Cab
Amy Jeanne said:
Thanks, girls!

I have Simplicity serger. I'm wearing this dress today and I feel like it's "neater" and better looking than my "pinked" dresses. I love my serger....I think it's kinda FUN to use. My friend swears serging is the most "boring" part of making a dress! Perhaps that novelty will wear off, but I still find marking the material to be the most boring part.
I still love to serge and I've had it for 10 years! Just wait until you do your first knit project, you will love that serger even more. With most knits, you don't straight seam first, just serge.

exquisitebones

A-List Customer
this is what I sort of made.. My machine died in the middle of trying to get hte button holes on it.. so til that gets fixed.. here is my blouse, with no way to close it :( [huh]
4254412913_90397290f2.jpg

MarieAnne

Practically Family
Hooray!

I haven't sewn in a while. This is my first completed garment using WildGinger software. It's a straight skirt with a back kick pleat. I fell in love with this fabric at the store. Half plaid, half houndstooth...I soon began hating it though. Markings were useless, I couldn't see anything, not even my stitching. And it's a looser weave so it skews a lot and it's very wiggly. Glad it's over. Just needs to be hemed.
January2010041.jpg

January2010036.jpg

swingkitten85

Familiar Face
exquisitebones said:
this is what I sort of made.. My machine died in the middle of trying to get hte button holes on it.. so til that gets fixed.. here is my blouse, with no way to close it :( [huh]
4254412913_90397290f2.jpg

Aw... Too bad your machine stopped in the middle of finishing it! (My sympathies are with you; I've had this happen before! It's kind of like the karma that controls when your thread runs out: at the most inconvenient times!) Cute fabric!

MarieAnne said:
I haven't sewn in a while. This is my first completed garment using WildGinger software.
January2010041.jpg

January2010036.jpg

Wow! Bravo--I just love the fabric you used! (I'm partial to those traditional plaids ;) )

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
I have quite a few sewing projects that I've just not had the time to work on. I'm scared to pick them up again, as I know I've forgotten what needed to be done with all of them. I just have so little patience when it comes to sewing, and a lot of that has to do with my lack of knowledge. Maybe it's time to take a class.

In the meantime, I've decided to delve back into easier craft projects. This one was very easy! I bought these great buttons for 25 cents each at a flea market in Raleigh back in August, and finally got around to turning them into earrings.

DSC00044.jpg

goldwyn girl

One Too Many
Lorena B, I love your fabric choices and hand beading, wow ! what patience :eusa_clap
kamikat, I made the overalls using the 1940s overall/trouser combo pattern. I found them so easy but, the facings would not work out so I lined the top fully, so much better too.

JennyLou

Practically Family
OMG! So cute... I'll have to get this pattern
Bettys Closet said:
Is to die for. love love love it. Buying pattern now....

This is one of my favorite outfits this year! lol. The skirt is a gray wool made from an early 40s pattern. The cashmere cardigan is one that I refashioned (it was way too big, and the sleeves were longer) to fit better.

12_18_09e.jpg

12_18_09c.jpg

The green dress is from one of the new designs in the Colette Patterns line (Ceylon dress). I love that it's got such a 40s silhouette and look! I'm planning on wearing this one Christmas Day! :) I wrote a post about it on my blog, if anyone is interested...
[/QUOTE]

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe