Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show Me Your Jacket Accoutrements

nick123

I'll Lock Up
The mods have the final say at the end of the day, but I'll never be offended when my threads veer off topic (I think SIGGY is well on topic here). In fact, I love it when you guys start talking about guitars and such. :)

SIGGY

A-List Customer
First of all here in Florida it's so Freakin HOT there's never a day that a leather Flight jacket could be even worn, so I don't even own one, would LOVE to have one or more and be able to wear them ....................I don't see the sense in having any that would just be sitting around not being used/displayed .
Most of the patches I posted photos of (90%) of them have all gone to WW2 veterans who either have put them on their jackets or had them matted/framed for their "war wall" displays ,I post them as I know many people enjoy seeing what an emblem looked like and seeing as most" jackets posted here are A-2's and or G'-1's they're mostly military related and the reason I post my patch photos .

rocketeer

Call Me a Cab
Just to let you know, I enjoy them as well Siggy. Great painting by the way as I love painted patches. Was just commenting really that it may be an idea to start a Jacket Patch Topic and save posting the same things in lots of different threads. Though I have posted pics of my A2 before, this time the main attention was aimed at my little talisman that is attached to it.
J

tropicalbob

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Siggy, I'm south of you and it's been a really good winter for leather jackets down here since November. You in some sort of hot pocket up there? BTW, nice work.

rocketeer

Call Me a Cab
Yeah I agree a jacket patch thread would be nice , but if I start it would it stay here on the forum ???????

Slightly off topic, sorry folks.
Siggy, try a personal message to an administrator such as Paddy with some ideas, it may or may not work but worth a try. Put forward ideas etc, you never know, it may be made a sticky. Easier than starting one yourself as I did and finding it sink into obscurity(Such as my members at classic film locations thread in the Moving Image topics)

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
my-jacket-zipper-update2_zpsza9ba9b2.jpg
Today, we visited a shop that sell sewing related stuff, buttons, zippers, etc.
And I bought this, and I have some metal chains to make it looks busier, ta da new zip puller accessory :eek:

Big J

Call Me a Cab
Not really 'jacket accoutrements', but I could seriously see me rocking these boots with my flight jackets!

a1dad9_18d76733a32f4d0eae5377452424a696.jpg_srb_p_600_504_75_22_0.50_1.20_0.00_jpg_srb.jpg
a1dad9_9387151b9b9a48d6800f5451dc0b1080.jpg_srb_p_600_504_75_22_0.50_1.20_0.00_jpg_srb.jpg

How could I choose? What do you reckon loungers, I'm thinking pinup girls with an A-2, geisha boots with a G-1.

Big J

Call Me a Cab
Man, the japanese ladies would love my style.
I gotta be the coolest father at my kids school!

pawineguy

One Too Many
Man, the japanese ladies would love my style.
I gotta be the coolest father at my kids school!

I think the top ones, because the pinups would be covered most of the time... then when you get the inevitable compliment, you can raise up the pant leg to show the rest of the art. Instant conversation piece. No comment on the Japanese ladies, you're the expert there.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe