Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show me your favorite jacket

Here's my Perfecto, or rather Aero MC jacket, which is also my favorite jacket:

Funny how one can love a jacket...

Excellent Aero Monitor.
And Joao you have an impressive collection of them.
This style of jacket has been my favorite since I was a teenager. First one I ever had (about age 14) was a size 38. 33 years in and I'm up to a 48 long, and if I ever outgrow this one I'll get a bigger one. I'd love to get a different style like a highwayman, but it would have to be in addition to the perfecto.

Sent from my XT1030 using Tapatalk

Thank you dh66. I've always loved the style though it took me a while to get courageous enough to wear it. Once I did, though, it's the only style I care to be seen in. :)

Joao Encarnado

I'll Lock Up
And Joao you have an impressive collection of them.
Thank you. I think I have +10 perfecto style jackets, always searching for "that one". I was already pleased with the Open Road but wanted a Schott, both cowhide and steerhide.
Have that black 618 (size 40), a brown 125 (size 42) and a black 918 (size M).
That Open Road is size 38, the other is size 42 and the first one I got (I think it was the first thing I ever bought from the US) have the liner "burned" because I wore it for several years all year around so I got the other two. lol The leather is all good.
Have several others from european makers and even a red one ;)

This style of jacket has been my favorite since I was a teenager. First one I ever had (about age 14) was a size 38. 33 years in and I'm up to a 48 long, and if I ever outgrow this one I'll get a bigger one.
I also wanted a jacket of this style when I was a teenager but my parents didn't bought me one. The first I got was one of the first things I bought with my own money. Still have it but it is in bad condition as I neglected it when I got the first Open Road. Almost 40 years in and I can wear a 38 :D

Nice one Monitor and that is true, I love my Schott's and Open Roads.
Since I wear this style for years, was "harder" to start using western hats. If I'm comfortable, I don't care what other people think. Some people may say as I'm aproaching 40, I should stop use them, but I say NO!

Worf

I'll Lock Up
MANY thanks guys! I rolled 3 passions into one = leather jackets, hats, motorcycles.
Lounger HarpPlayerGene did the artwork....he's a talent for true....

Looks like a trifecta to me. Nice to see Loungers helping each other out... Almost (ALMOST) too purty to wear. Bravo!!!

Worf

I expect to wear them until my end of days. :)

Yep, I hear you man, and same here. :) Couldn't care less what people say either, I love the style, I feel good wearing it and I think it fits me better the older I'm getting.

Most I've had of these was four; two from Schott (125 and 168HH), one no-name and this Aero. I've since sold the Schott's and a no-name (for no other reason than the insufficient sleeve length, because otherwise I love Schott) and have invested the funds toward a J-106 which I'm currently having made so that I could rotate between the two. My lady's bugging me that I'm essentially buying the exact same jacket AGAIN, but that is only because she never took the time to note the obvious differences between the two completely different styles! :D

Joao Encarnado

I'll Lock Up
Yep, I hear you man, and same here. :) Couldn't care less what people say either, I love the style, I feel good wearing it and I think it fits me better the older I'm getting.
Cool, I hope the same for me. The white hair already started to appear.

Most I've had of these was four; two from Schott (125 and 168HH), one no-name and this Aero. I've since sold the Schott's and a no-name (for no other reason than the insufficient sleeve length, because otherwise I love Schott) and have invested the funds toward a J-106 which I'm currently having made so that I could rotate between the two. My lady's bugging me that I'm essentially buying the exact same jacket AGAIN, but that is only because she never took the time to note the obvious differences between the two completely different styles! :D
I don't know if my friends noticed that sometimes I don't wear the same jacket. They look similar but have their differences.

Bunyip

Call Me a Cab
Perfecto looks awesome with a fur collar but the best thing about it is how entirely it shifts the whole look of the jacket. I wish I had one for my Aero MC jacket, but they don't seem to be making these anymore...

Get onto Carrie at insurrection. They do snap on fur for j106...

Bunyip

Call Me a Cab
image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg
I'm in between collections right now. I sold 5 jackets off the last few weeks, and am waiting for a couple of Langlitz and an Aero. This is the best out of the 3 I kept. I got it custom made by Vanson.its a Chopper with white gussets, contrast silver stitching, a removable collar and chrome hardware. It's made in their new leather which is called x-50. I've always really liked the chopper, and it was nice to fool around with a couple of custom ideas.

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
That's a brilliantly prog-rock of a jacket, sir. So much going on, but it all works!:D More King Crimson than Yes...

Bunyip - Aye, you're right! I completely forgot Insurrection is making a fur collar for Aero's Buco. Thanks for reminding me!
I remember your Chopper well, it inspired me to go for contrast stitching on my Aero. Chopper is by far my favorite piece from Vanson and your jacket is awesomely beautiful! But, this is the first I hear of this x-50 leather. What's it like, compared to standard Vanson?

Seb Lucas

I'll Lock Up
Right now it's my Johnson Leathers custom goat cafe racer. I love goat and I also love the minimalism of a cafe racer. I didn't realize how great it would be not to have a collar until I discovered this genre of jacket some years back.

JL.jpg

Bunyip

Call Me a Cab
Bunyip - Aye, you're right! I completely forgot Insurrection is making a fur collar for Aero's Buco. Thanks for reminding me!
I remember your Chopper well, it inspired me to go for contrast stitching on my Aero. Chopper is by far my favorite piece from Vanson and your jacket is awesomely beautiful! But, this is the first I hear of this x-50 leather. What's it like, compared to standard Vanson?
G'day mate, the x50 is slightly lighter, but apparently develops a nicer patina a bit quicker. I thought it was getting done in comp weight. I've had 2 comp weight jackets before and it's a heavy beast, but great on the bike. This has a nicer sheen on it, smells great, and After initial disappointment, I really like it.

mendelboaz

One Too Many
My current favorite jacket would have to be the Schott 641HH. The simplistic and clean, straightforward design could not make me wish for a nicer jacket (for me). I got it last August during my trip to NYC, and has broken in nicely since then. Unfortunately, as my chest measures almost 42" now (lifting weights) and the jacket being a size 36, I fear the jacket will be unwearably small in a year, tops. I should have gone with a size 38 at the time but I just fell in love with that tight fit... Now broken-in, I have to say the jacket has a phenomenal fit.

2bef5d2b653bdc44b2162ceb039f95a8_zps2c9e4497.jpg

641, both horse and cow, is the tops, my favourite CR bar none - and your jacket is beautiful. Schott size numbers are quite forgiving, I am a pure 42 and am wearing Schott in 38 for a tight fit so I wouldn't worry about it...

mendelboaz

One Too Many
Thanks monitor! Which one do you prefer, horse or cow?

I can't believe Schott advises to size up from your suit size on their 641 & 618/613 jackets... I do have to note I am only 18 years old, so I'm likely to gain a few inches in the chest, shoulder & bi/triceps area over the next couple of years, taking my weightlifting and upcoming career as a marine into account... What size do you wear in the Aero Highwayman & Cafe Racer (if you even have those) for a tight/snug fit?

Last edited:
mendelboaz, I find Schott horse to be infinitely superior to their cow. The leather may appear shiny and sort of vinyl-ish at first, but as it starts gaining character immediately, after only a few months of constant wear the HH gets so beautiful that I don't think there's any comparison to either cow or steer they're using. I've noticed many people selling their Schott HH because they don't like the shininess, without ever giving it a chance.

I don't get that whole order size up business either. I find Schott jackets that are supposed to be super tight to be textbook examples of the size numbers they're tagged as. It's a silly practice, with no discernible benefits and it should be abandoned as it's good only for confusing people. I'm near twice your age, but I've kept my weight at the exact same number since I was 18. Thankfully. :) Anyway, Aero is pretty accurate with their size no. so while I normally wear 42 in Aero, I could go with 40. However, they do not seem to be as forgiving as Schott in the waist area - my size 42 Aero MC jacket is skin snug around the waist - so I would go with their recommendation...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CLUless82