Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Shoe trees

fashion frank

One Too Many
you might put your feet in the shoes for 2-3 hours, but I store my shoes with shoe trees without fail.

Ditto on all of the above .

I only have about 20 pairs but I keep trees in them all the time .
Speaking for myself , I use only Joe A. Banks cedar trees and I just wait till they have a 50 % off sale and get them for $12.00 as they are $ 25.00 a pair any other time .
Hope that helps you .
All the Best,Fashion Frank

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
So THAT's why all my shoes have strange creases on the sides. Wonderful. Glad I haven't yet splurged on any vintage pairs that I could also ruin with narrow heeled shoe trees.

If the inside of your shoes at the "heel" is going to have shoe trees inserted and "cranked" tight, what can help very much is to cut a piece of cardboard and place it between the small end of the shoe tree and the inside of the shoe. This will help "disperse" the pressure against that part of the shoe, which in the case of a vintage shoe (actually any shoe) so that you do not risk breaking the "heel counter". This will also help keep the sides of the shoes have those "long creasing" so deep on the sides of the shoes.

ANY shoe tree is better than no shoe tree. What happens with all the shoes here is, when a shoe is worn, it comes off, airs out for a while, then the wooden shoe tree goes in. If the shoes are getting placed into the back of rotation, then if we need the wooden ones for use, the get changed out for the cheaper plastic or metal trees to go in.

A habit everyone should have is that each time you purchase a pair of shoes, purchase a pair of trees for them. Also if you need to grab some nicer wood trees, cruise eBay, you can find them all the time and most likely find them "el cheapo".

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe