Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Sensuality?

Foofoogal

Banned
5. Sensuality from Sixteen and Sixty

As we get older, we may leave behind unlined faces and bright teeth, but we never have to leave behind our abilities to connect to others in a sensual way. Many women who were interviewed said that sensuality was equated with feeling and looking attractive at any age—from teenage years to midlife and beyond. Models I talked to agreed. During photo shoots, models are often told to "make love to the camera" because photographers know pictures can look cold and dull no matter how beautiful a woman is. Safety pins may pull at a model's clothes and fans may blow wind into her face, but she has to look into the eyes of the photographer in an alluring way to get a good shot. Women who report feeling attractive as they age say they never forget their capacity to be sensual and hold onto it into their 60s and beyond.
--------------------
From the curlers thread I want to expand. This is how I see it exactly. I still want honey to melt when I glance his way.
---------------------
http://tinyurl.com/2fmcylw (From a former Wilhelmina Model)
8 Ways to Feel Beautiful from Inside Out

lareine

A-List Customer
I want to respond to this but I'm not sure how. Are you asking a question about how older people feel or just expressing an opinion on what you want? I don't know what curlers thread you're referring to...

Edit: I just happened on another post of yours in a different thread and you used that ---- but it looked there like you were quoting someone. If you are quoting here too can you edit to show the bits you're actually quoting? That would help so much with your posts being legible! ---- doesn't mean much to me. Thanks :)

Last edited:

40'sfetish

Familiar Face
Excellent article thanks Foofoogal. And I'll agree with it 100%. So much of what makes women sexy/attractive/charismatic is attitude, an enthusiasm for life and interest in others. Lucky for me that although I'm staring down the barrel of 40 my hubby says that he finds me more attractive today than he did when we first met 20 years ago. BUT there was a patch in our lives where I couldn't be bothered looking after myself, didn't do the hair, slopped around in jeans and rarely took much trouble with makeup, just slapped some on any which way. Depression was involved, and he still loved me nevertheless. As I came good I started paying more attention to how I looked, resurrected my interest in vintage clothes and started feeling good about myself again. As I felt more attractive, I felt more confident and as I felt more confident, I would get looks walking down the street and compliments from strangers and friends and the confidence boosted even more.

I took up pole dancing for exercise which is great fun, fantastic exercise and as an added bonus a great confidence boost too when a nearly 40yo woman finds she can climb a 6metre pole to the ceiling hehehe. (funnily enough hubby doesn't find the pole dancing a turn on at all, but admires the athleticism)

This subject reminds me of "the ages of women" slightly off topic but still relevant I think.

Beautiful Women

Age 3 - She looks at herself and sees a Queen

Age 8 - She looks at herself and sees Cinderella

Age 15 - She looks at herself and sees an Ugly Sister ('Mum, I can't go to school looking like this!')

Age 20 - She looks at herself and sees 'too fat / too thin / too short / too tall / too straight / too curly' - but decides she's going out anyway

Age 30 - She looks at herself and sees 'too fat / too thin / too short / too tall / too straight / too curly' - but decides she doesn't have time to fix it, so she's going out anyway

Age 40 - She looks at herself and sees 'clean' and goes out anyway

Age 50 - She looks at herself and sees 'I am' and goes wherever she wants to

Age 60 - She looks at herself and reminds herself of all the people who can't even see themselves in the mirror anymore - goes out and conquers the world

Age 70 - She looks at herself and sees wisdom, laughter and ability and goes out to enjoy life

Age 80 - Doesn't even bother to look - just puts on a purple hat and goes out to have fun with the world

Ok I've waffled on and on so now I'll shut up lol

Mugwump

One of the Regulars
Hear, hear, 40sfetish & foofoogal! Currently "rounding the bend" towards 40 myself...if only I had the confidence I have now back when I was in my 20s! :D *LOL*

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
sensuality is all about the attitude of feeling good about one's self for oneself first, and then it spills out to others! My sweetie loves that I am always happy and confident about life and about how I see myself. At 53 yo its been a long journey to come to a healthy place of accepting myself as I am; with what I could change and what I could not, and what and who I am and am not about. I'm still learning and growing.

betty amazing

New in Town
Age 20 - She looks at herself and sees 'too fat / too thin / too short / too tall / too straight / too curly' - but decides she's going out anyway

This is definitely me at the moment! Does anybody go out feeling princessy and fresh? I'm always concerned about looking too short/a bit podgy around the edges/my makeup running/my hair being just... blah.

I'm lucky that I've reached the age where I'm about confident to ignore myself and enjoy my day, but I do sometimes get a bit of envy after those girls who always look not-a-hair-out-of-place perfect xx

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
Hang in there ladies, give yourself some time! Looking back on the past few decades (I'm 53), in my twenties I was young and stupid. I have said for many years that I never was interesting even to myself until I was at least thirty...:)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
billmacsworld