Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Sears Catalog Goodness

thunderw21

I'll Lock Up
We recently obtained 3 WW2-period Sears, Roebucks catalogs in great condition.
They are spring/summer 1943; fall/winter 1944-1945; fall/winter 1945-1946.

I'll be scanning some pages (mainly men's but some women's also). It will take a while, so patience, patience.

Here are some teaser shots to hold you over. ;)

SearsRoebuckscatalogs.jpg

SearsRoebuckscatalogs001.jpg

SearsRoebuckscatalogs002.jpg

SearsRoebuckscatalogs003.jpg

SearsRoebuckscatalogs004.jpg

Cheers

K

kpreed

Thank You.

I collect catalogs (most are Sears/Wards) from the 1930-1940s and these are wonderful. :eusa_clap Keep up the good work!

K

kpreed

Shaul-Ike Cohen said:
Did you know what a wonderful, fulfilling hobby scanning can be?
I tried to share some on another tread, but no one answered. I think it would be great to scan them, wish I had one.:eusa_doh:

Feraud

Bartender
kpreed said:
I tried to share some on another tread, but no one answered. I think it would be great to scan them, wish I had one.:eusa_doh:
Do you have a digital camera?
You can post adequate pictures in this way too.

Bill Taylor

One of the Regulars
In the Sears and Roebuck 1943 Catalog, I was surprised to see boys knicker suits and separate knickers. I know I wore knickers and/or short pants when I started school in 1938 and for several years thereafter, as did my older brother (born in 1929), but I vaguely remember wearing regular pants rather than knickers in the 1943 time frame.

Of course, Sears and Roebuck appealed to a huge more or less national market and were pretty conservative so perhaps knickers were a carry over for more conservative or perhaps urban customrs. I am sure by the time I started to high school in 1945 I was definitely not wearing knickers anymore. Mostly by that time, I wore Levi 501s, as I grew up in a small town rural setting. (heavily starched, ironed levis, with a sharp crease ironed in, but no cuff turned up. I think the turned up cuff was more from the 30's). By the mid 40's, I had outgrown Tom and Gene. Tom Mix and Gene Autry. In most or all of their 30's kid's movies, the levis were turned up about a couple of inches. Looked sort of dorky with boots.

Bill Taylor

The Wolf

Call Me a Cab
Great collection! ;)
I was going to say I had the same catalog as pictured first in row. My Sears catalog from Spring and Summer 1943 has the same cover but different images on the pages from what you have scanned. It is curious but either way these catalogs are a lot of fun to look through.
Thanks for sharing.

Sincerely,
The Wolf

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
billmacsworld