Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Schott Jacket Suggestions?

AS400

New in Town
Hi guys and what a cool site you have here, have never found a clothing style website here in the UK and passing my time working here at JP Morgan bank through the night this makes an interesting read.

We have Schott jackets here in the UK but wow! at what price?!...a Schott A-2 recently sold on Ebay here for over $800.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=6866098626&rd=1&sspagename=STRK:MEBI:IT&rd=1

I see they retail in the States for a little over $400?

http://www.schottnyc.com/bomber-jackets/a-2-naked-cowhide-leather-flight-jacket.htm

Hmmm might be a business opportunity there! ;-)

Anyway......what I am looking for is something of a rarity...its an MA-1 like this little beauty here:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=6867048854&rd=1&sspagename=STRK:MEDW:IT&rd=1

I'm guessing here that this model has not been made for some years and would have bid on that jacket if it had been a 44 (a 40 would just be too small I feel)...does anyone know where I could source such a jacket other than Ebay?

Or maybe you could recommend an alternative....I like HEAVY and that slightly 'oiled' feel some quality leather has. I have searched the net but only found very inferior looking MA-1's.

By the way which jacket is better quality do you guys think? Schott or Avirex?...I have always thought Avirex were slightly 'gimmicky' with some of their designs...though must admit to wearing a Top Gun style one back in 1987.

Wearing one today in the UK would fail to get you any admiring glances I have to add!

Bart

Familiar Face
SCHOTT JACKET

If you're looking for a Schott Jacket...look no further on eBay. Cafe Racer type leather jacket easy to find... Go rider!!! Size 44.

LeFonque

One of the Regulars
SCHOTTS GOOD EXERIENCE

I live in Melbourne Australia. I have three Schott Jackets. 1 from a trip to Germany, 2 I have from their web page on the net.I have had nothing but good experience to date with their jackets. Fit is styled for a modern fit rather than a vintage fit. Suits me being abigger build. So far 2 thumbs up.

adamgottschalk

A-List Customer
I love Schott

I've owned 3 Schott leathers in my life, a caf?© racer when I was in my early twenties, a really sweet motorcycle jacket like Brando wore in The Wild One, and I currently have a dark-brown carcoat from the 1950s, beautiful thing which I got for not all that much on eBay. I agree eBay is your best bet to find a good (vintage) Schott at a good price. As they're so well made, vintage ones can look as good as (better than) new. My Brando motorcycle jacket was from the 1970s and no one believed it wasn't a recent jacket. It was a sweetie too (sold it), star concho details, pyramid studs all over. Sweet. You just can't go wrong with a Schott.

Mojave Jack

One Too Many
Welcome to the forum, AS400! Can I call you AS? ;)

Since you are in the South of England, you might consider getting a jacket custom made at Wested Leather. Peter can make just about any jacket you can imagine. Best of all, his quality is high and his prices are low.

Fardad

Familiar Face
You can get a brand new Schott A-2 (184SM) from this place for $300 flat (includes shipping and taxes). It's where I got mine.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
actimally