Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Schott 141 fit

oruaM89

New in Town
hi guys, I finally bought a Schott 141 in size 38 (used but in perfect condition). Here a couple of picture of the fit, opinions?
Unzipped
IMG-20241018-WA0033.jpg

IMG-20241018-WA0030.jpg

zipped
IMG-20241018-WA0032.jpg

IMG-20241018-WA0029.jpg

IMG-20241018-WA0031.jpg

Manolito

One of the Regulars
Great fit, although a little tight in the back when closed. You can adjust it.

The 141 is made of an incredible naked cowhide leather, which gains grain and personality super fast. Very easy to break. The back panel is an amazing beauty ! Best smelling leather jacket I own, too...

The 141 is truly an underrated american classic (I own one of course, as well as one of his little brother : a 641HH), super confortable with a total freedom of movement (the winning Schott combination : bi-swing + "football" underarms). It sometimes has a bad rep because of its roomy fit, compared to super tight (and unconfortable) vintagy competitors. But the ones who know know it : the 141 is a unique beauty and a pleasure to wear !

barnabus

One Too Many
Is there any way we could have the fit check thread pinned?

I thought it was a really good idea.

Destruct

Familiar Face
Fit looks great. I was at Schott in SF recently and I felt like this jacket ran a bit small. I typically take a 40-42 and both the 141 and 184SM in size 38 fit me best IMO whereas I couldn't even get a 613 in size 38 on.

Shoot me a PM if you're thinking about passing it on, I'm looking to get one real soon.

TelemarkTumalo

One of the Regulars
Fit looks great. I was at Schott in SF recently and I felt like this jacket ran a bit small. I typically take a 40-42 and both the 141 and 184SM in size 38 fit me best IMO whereas I couldn't even get a 613 in size 38 on.

Shoot me a PM if you're thinking about passing it on, I'm looking to get one real soon.

I think the OP's jacket looks like a great fit. And, as they say, it all depends. I have a tag size 38 and I am swimming in mine and have it up for sale. Live and learn.

IMG_2859.jpeg

IMG_2847.jpeg

Madhouse27

One of the Regulars
You seem to have the right build for the 141 and it looks good on you. I had one a while back and really liked the versatility of the style. Just a real easy to wear, everyday kind of jacket that still had a bit of attitude. Unfortunately, everything looked great on me except the arms which were a bit roomy and tad short so I moved it on. That leather is going to get better every time you wear it.

Edward

Bartender
I think the OP's jacket looks like a great fit. And, as they say, it all depends. I have a tag size 38 and I am swimming in mine and have it up for sale. Live and learn.

View attachment 648508

View attachment 648509

Mn, I don't think it looks so big. It's not "t-shirt only underneath", but it doesn't look *wrong* to my eye. Having a bit of room in the back like that seems consistent to a lot of vintage designs - if you look at Brando in The Wild One, for instance, his jacket fits tight at the waist and roomy over the chest and shoulders. Having not so long ago switched from a 46 618 (which looked great open, fastened up no problem but was a little snug sitting down in that way) to a 50 (roomy, but not 'too big'), I think there's a lot to be said for a "more practical" fit in a Schott. Schotts so feel undersized to med in general, though - I'm a 44 or 46 in a comparable Aero, for example.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Conley