Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Rubber Boots

It is becoming colder here in NY state now,and the snow has started to fall,it`s time to break out the "rubber boots",rain, snow,mud,slush,cow manure,anyone feel the need to put on there good old fashion knee high boots?

jeep44

One of the Regulars
I wear them all the time outside-there are many times I am wading around in water and mud on my mini-farm,and they are so convenient to slip on to run out to the mailbox or the barn in.

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
I have a 20+ year old pair by Le Chameau that are still going strong.

Lone_Ranger

Practically Family
Le Chameau? French Wellies?

Every time the "mud season" rolls around, I think about getting a pair of Wellingtons, or Muck Boots. I was going to order on line, but remember thinking I may have a problem getting the calf to fit.

celtic

A-List Customer
bburtner@moran said:
Go for the La Crosse knee high black...Le Chameau,BIG BUCKs and LaCrosse are made in America....

The La Crosse rubber boots sold at Cabelas are made in China...I know they USED to be made in America...

La Crosse

Correct Celtic,the 3 pair of La Crosse I have are made in USA,I have a pair of Red Ball 'Oneida`s that are 42 years old and still in good shape!I believe Red Ball is out of business.....Cheers from Staten Island NY...

celtic

A-List Customer
I found this pair that are still Made in USA, if that is a requirement for someone here:

http://workingperson.com/products/2...ner_Boots:__Insulated_Rubber_Boots_21802.html

21802-northernerp_01.jpg

I have no no idea about the boot or company, personally however.

and bburtner, cheers from the snowbelt of NY, Syracuse :D

Cheers Celtic

39 years ago when my dad retired from the NYC police force,they moved up to Walton NY(Delaware County) dad`s passed but my mom and brother are still in Walton,I prefer it there myself,but my other half does not....Brian

Chasseur

Call Me a Cab
Le Chameau are wonderful boots! You can pick them up for low prices in Sierra Trading post at various times throughout the year.

Lone_Ranger

Practically Family
Le Chameau boots are in the Cabella's catalog. I looked at the price. About $400. Ouch! You can find Hunter Wellies, at about half the price.

Le Chameau

That`s really to much for rubber boots in all honesty,people who wear them for hunting game are carrying fine English shotguns,and have someone other than themselves dress the game they have shot!

johnnycanuck

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Canadian tire specials.
35FE9E18-DD6B-4C51-B990-F62484AABCD4.jpeg
Only get used with soggy wet weather. Spring melt. rainy summer days, working the in-laws garden. Maybe a few times a year. Still going strong. This winter I may have to invest in proper winter Bogs/mucks. Rated to -40 Celsius
Johnny

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
billmacsworld