Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Royal Stetson Whippet

carter

I'll Lock Up
This Royal Stetson Whippet is size 6 7/8 and in immaculate condition. The color is medium brown. 2 3/4" brim with 3/8" coordinated binding, 1 1/2" coordinated ribbon. 4 1/4" at front pinch.
3396016726_1ff2fd0499_m.jpg
3395210547_6d7a545eb6_m.jpg
3395208747_3d6b212e73_m.jpg
3395205287_30b7d404c0_m.jpg
3396019836_59df0e9b28_m.jpg

$120.00 shipped within the continental US. International shipping will be slightly more based upon actaul shipping cost.

Please, PM me if interested.

carter

I'll Lock Up
J. M. Stovall said:
Great hat but too small for me :( . Surely someone here could buy this hat?!?
I certainly hope so. At this price I'll barely break even. All it takes is part of someone's tax refund. [huh]

Macheath

One of the Regulars
Seems insane that a Whippet can remain unsold for this long. I know that the color and size aren't that rare, but still, this is a Whippet we're talking about.

Makes me wonder what the hat size stats are for FL.

carter

I'll Lock Up
The average hat size is 7 1/4.

A 6 7/8 can be resized to fit a 7 1/4. The sweatband and ribbon would be replaced. Whenever this is done, the owner of the hat should specify that they want the original sweatband and ribbon delivered with the renovated hat.

MattJH

One Too Many
$101.47 is the average selling price for Stetson Whippets on eBay currently. I found four of them - a 7 1/8, a 7 1/4, a 7 3/8, and a 7 3/8. My 7 5/8 Whippet that I listed a few months back didn't even break $90.00, but that was when the economic outlook was far bleaker than it is today.

Everything is going much, much cheaper right now than just a year ago. It's great for buyers, but not so much for sellers.

Carter - I'd just list it on eBay and let the market dictate it. However, if I was a 6 7/8 (and boy am I not!), I'd would've taken it at $120, let alone $100. Your asking price is more than fair.

If you're a 6 7/8 or close to it and you've been debating whether or not to grab this, you should really grab this.

RHY

One of the Regulars
Ebay Prices

I just picked up a 7 3/8 on Ebay a couple of weeks ago for $79 plus shipping in very good/excellent condition. It was bashed in a funny style, but looks good to me, now.
RHY

carter

I'll Lock Up
RHY said:
I just picked up a 7 3/8 on Ebay a couple of weeks ago for $79 plus shipping in very good/excellent condition. It was bashed in a funny style, but looks good to me, now.
RHY
That's nice but this is not VG/Excellent.
This hat is PRISTINE.
And now it's listed on Ebay.

Spellflower

Practically Family
Wow, if my Whippet is only worth $79 bucks, I might as well cut my losses and start wearing it daily. That was harder to do when I thought it was worth the $200 that I paid for it.

billyspew

One Too Many
Spellflower said:
Wow, if my Whippet is only worth $79 bucks, I might as well cut my losses and start wearing it daily. That was harder to do when I thought it was worth the $200 that I paid for it.

I think the fact it's tiny makes all the difference any thing 7 1/4 and above and I think it's be commanding a much higher price. Shame.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
billmacsworld