Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Robert Hall? (Pics added)

FGD

New in Town
Hello,

I've been reading these forums for a while now, and this is the first time I've posted. I own 5 fedoras now of various styles and just can't get enough of them.

The other day I found a fedora in a second hand store for $5. Its a little crushed but all in all not in too bad of shape. It is a green colour and has a very narrow brim, it was my size 7 1/8, and says genuin fur felt, so even though the style dosn't suit me I bought it anyway. The name on the liner says Robert Hall, so I've been trying to search for info on this company and can't find too much. Are they still in business? If not could I actually have a vintage hat on my hands? I'll try to post some pics later, as I know everyone likes pics, me included.

100_3574.jpg

100_3577.jpg

100_3576.jpg

Thanks

Doctor Strange

I'll Lock Up
Robert Hall has been out of business for quite a few years. But back in the 50s/60s and into the early 70s, they were a popular, very low-cost clothing chain with a lot of stores in some places. Growing up in the NYC area in the 60s, the new school year almost always included a trip to the local Robert Hall store. Their clothes were considered cheap knockabout wear back then, but surviving samples are likely better made than most of today's product!

hatflick1

Practically Family
Robert Hall Jingle

School bells ring/ And children sing
It's back to Robert Hall again.
Mother knows/for better clothes
It's back to Robert Hall again.
You'll save more on clothes for school.
Shop at Robert Hall!
There it is.
Used to be played endlessly on the radio reminding us kids summer was over.

besdor

Vendor/Sponsor
Robert Hall

FGD, your hat was made in Canada by Magill Hat Co . They are still in business today and produce a small line of hats for the Canadian market. I dont think your hat had anything to do with the Robert Hall mens shops in New York .
You can check out Magill online .

Steven

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
actimally