Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Rick Deckard Costume, more than just a coat

MB5

One of the Regulars
You may want to try Kohls for the tie. There is a quasi-similar one at my local shop.

griffer

Practically Family
TM said:
Hey Griffer,

How's your Blade Runner project going?

Tony

Sadly, it has been tabled. Personal and fiscal demands on my wife and I have caused us to table it for this year.

Unless Rachel's dress, tailored to my wife, falls from the sky, we aren't proceeding.

Jovan

Suspended
His name was Gaff. ;)

I didn't notice the comment that was made earlier, but the concept of Replicants... basically tougher, synthetic humans that are programmable... has carried over into the reimagined Battlestar Galactica. The producers said Blade Runner was part of their inspiration for the show, including the pistol props. Interesting.

griffer

Practically Family
My replica is made by Richard Coyle. Great link.

Bull barrel revolver mated to a Steyr rifle bolt, yup, that's the blaster...

As for Gaff, they never specified his race, but his first appearance he is speaking 'City Speak':

"The charmer's name was Gaff, I'd seen him around. Bryant must have upped him to the Blade Runner unit. That gibberish he talked was city speak, gutter talk. A mishmash of Japanese, Spanish, German, what have you. I didn't really need a translator, I knew the lingo, every good cop did. But I wasn't going to make it easier for him."

Dr Doran

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Is the version WITH the narration still available on DVD? All I have is the director's cut. No narration.

Also, have you guys ever seen the missing scene in which Dave Holden is in an iron lung after the big dumb mustachioed replicant (actor from the film Southern Comfort) shot him? Deckard visits him in the hospital. They filmed it. It was on an Italian Blade Runner website about 4 years ago. Very scratchy but worth seeing.

Dr Doran

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Jovan said:
http://www.brmovie.com/BR_Special_Edition.htm

;)

I will personally buy the briefcase, AND see it if it's in a theatre near me. Seeing that movie in theatres had to be totally awesome back when it first released. Yes, I'm a consumer whore, but Blade Runner is just about the grimmest scifi movie ever. Love it.

It's also one of the greatest sci fi movies ever, in addition to the grimmest, in my ever-, ever-, ever-humble opinion.

" ... like tears ... in rain."

MrBern

I'll Lock Up
Feraud said:
Coyle is the man when it comes to the Blade Runner pistol. He also makes great looking Trek items.

Sadly , he was sued & wasnt allowed to replicate phasers for the longest time. But that was in the `90s when Viacom was asserting its copyright, shortly before putting out some trek toys.
He didnt actually make phasers for TOS, but he did work on them for some of the movies.
But I think he is now producing phasers legally. But thats another thread.

On topic, I believe he also got a cease & desist order on the Bladerunner blaster.

MrBern

I'll Lock Up
rutger

hey kids,
FYI Rutger Hauer put out a book this year
51ApePyMwRL._AA240_.jpg

Jovan

Suspended
MrBern said:
On topic, I believe he also got a cease & desist order on the Bladerunner blaster.
Why is great art always suppressed? He went through I don't know how much work to get that thing right. Guess if I ever want one, I'll have to look on "the 'Bay."

MrBern

I'll Lock Up
Jovan said:
Why is great art always suppressed? He went through I don't know how much work to get that thing right. Guess if I ever want one, I'll have to look on "the 'Bay."

Its called Licensing Rights.
Note EDCStudios bought the rights.
http://www.brmovie.com/Collect/BR_Col_Guns.htm

Funny, everyone loves the bladerunner blaster. You never really hear people comment on replicant Leon's 4 barrel pistol that he uses on Holden. Anyone notice that distinct barrel was re-used by MonicaBelluci in MatrixReloaded.
br_leon_shoot_02.jpg

matrix2-persephone.jpg

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe