Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

RESISTOL HAT ANTIQUE SHOP FIND

jframe

New in Town
First post here; hope yall can help out. Got this Resistol at an antique store Saturday for 38 bucks. It's marked 4x beaver, and "self conforming". Also has "MB Sales" in the sweatband. I was wondering about what vintage and style this is; can't find anything on it anywhere. Not wild about the chrome hatband, so I replaced it with a leather one I had. It looks sort of like the two Stetson Carsons I have, but there is no tag with info, or a box.
PXL_20240601_194344756.jpg
PXL_20240601_204416886.jpg

wsmontana

A-List Customer
You might try a google search on Resistol "quicksilver". I’ve seen a few of these around but mostly in black. I’m not sure of the age but I think it is a fairly modern hat.

Last edited:

jordan1776

New in Town
First post here; hope yall can help out. Got this Resistol at an antique store Saturday for 38 bucks. It's marked 4x beaver, and "self conforming". Also has "MB Sales" in the sweatband. I was wondering about what vintage and style this is; can't find anything on it anywhere. Not wild about the chrome hatband, so I replaced it with a leather one I had. It looks sort of like the two Stetson Carsons I have, but there is no tag with info, or a box. View attachment 618805 View attachment 618807
Congrats on the sweet find at the antique store! That's a great deal for a Resistol hat.

The "4x beaver" marking indicates the quality of the felt, with 4x being a higher grade. "Self-conforming" likely refers to the hat's ability to mold to the wearer's head over time.

As for the vintage and style, Resistol hats have been around since the 1920s, so it's tough to pinpoint an exact era without more info. However, the "MB Sales" in the sweatband might be a clue. Could you take some more photos of the hat, especially the interior and any other markings or labels? That might help us narrow down the search.

Love the leather hatband upgrade, by the way! It gives the hat a more classic look.

jframe

New in Town
Congrats on the sweet find at the antique store! That's a great deal for a Resistol hat.

The "4x beaver" marking indicates the quality of the felt, with 4x being a higher grade. "Self-conforming" likely refers to the hat's ability to mold to the wearer's head over time.

As for the vintage and style, Resistol hats have been around since the 1920s, so it's tough to pinpoint an exact era without more info. However, the "MB Sales" in the sweatband might be a clue. Could you take some more photos of the hat, especially the interior and any other markings or labels? That might help us narrow down the search.

Love the leather hatband upgrade, by the way! It gives the hat a more classic look.
I will try to get more pics this weekend

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
billmacsworld