Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Reattaching an unreeded sweatband?

Feraud

Bartender
Viper Man said:
OK, so apparently two different bartenders are going to ignore that request?

In that case, I wish you the best of luck with the spam, telemarketers, and identity theives, Tim.

Who says anyone is ignoring the request?
Neither of the two bartenders who replied here can moderate this room.
The appropriate mod will edit the thread.

Take a deep breath..

Brad Bowers

I'll Lock Up
Feraud said:
Should the stitching going halfway through the felt or not even that far in?

I'd say halfway, just to give it a good hold, but it can be hard to tell how far in the stitch is going. With the stitch going in at the brim break, you have a little more felt to work with than to either side of it.

Brad

ScottF

Call Me a Cab
Brad Bowers said:
I'd say halfway, just to give it a good hold, but it can be hard to tell how far in the stitch is going. With the stitch going in at the brim break, you have a little more felt to work with than to either side of it.

Brad

I've had a few unreeded whip-stitch sweatbands that appeared to have nice clean needle holes, but the thread was bad. Do you think it would work (if you had the patience) to just do a simple stitch (not whip) through the same holes? Or do you have to have a stronger stitch?

Brad Bowers

I'll Lock Up
I'd think the whip stitch would be just as simple, easy to replicate, and would be strong enough to hold. You could always try a different type of stitch, but if it had a whip to begin with, that's what I'd stick with.

You're right, whatever you do, you need lots of patience.:)

Brad

majormoore

Vendor
Are these two people one and the same?????

Major Moore

Viper Man said:
Umm, maybe a bartender can edit out All Hell's name and phone number in post #9? Something doesn't seem quite right about that. [huh]

ALL*HeLL

New in Town
Yeah, that's me, Mike. If you could edit that out it would be appreciated.

Well, I got out the sewing kit and gave it a go at patching the areas. It isn't very pretty but it's holding well. Should work until I need to get a more permanent repair done. I'll have to go around to some seemstresses when I need it redone completely.

Thanks for all the help guys.

Tim

Viper Man

Banned
Feraud said:
Who says anyone is ignoring the request?
Neither of the two bartenders who replied here can moderate this room.
The appropriate mod will edit the thread.

Take a deep breath..

It's cool. I'm just a little jumpy since I've seen good people bilked of their hard earned wages. I personally wouldn't want private information made any more accessible than it already is. That's all.

CRH

Call Me a Cab
Sorry I'm late fellas. How's this for a Whippet Stitch solution?

hpim1831.jpg

:rolleyes:

:p

Carry on.......

Feraud

Bartender
Brad Bowers said:

Brad

Thanks Brad.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe