Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Re-creating hairstyle from Ang Lee's Lust, Caution

LolitaHaze

Call Me a Cab
CherryLips... Just like KittyT said, they are just hair combs that hood my hair in place. They should have them very cheap in any store that sells hairbrushes, barrettes, ect... They mostly come in that brown color, but for my blonde hair I perfer the clear. I did notice that some combs are made stronger than others, unfortunately the cheap ones tend to be a bit flimsy and can break under the weight of my hair. I have extremely thick hair, so if yours is normal to thin, the thinner combs should work fine. Also, to save a bit of money, you can always hotglue jewels and decorations on to the comb!

LolitaHaze

Call Me a Cab
Honeydoll... You did much better than I did. :eusa_clap I think the one thing both of us need to do though is use tighter curls. Your hair, however, looks great!

Honey Doll

Practically Family
Lolita

I think you're right about the tighter curls. I did this off my usual set with my caruso steam curls. My hot sticks would have been tighter for certain!

Honey Doll

cherry lips

Call Me a Cab
Thank you for the kind advice. I found some side combs on the net that were 4.3 ", I think they will do. Long Live the Lounge!

MissS

A-List Customer
Ladies, I finally had a chance to give this a go today. I slept with perm rods last night - well, if you can call it sleeping! Aaargh!

I've posted the photos in the 'Show us your hair do's' thread. It caused me much angst this morning...sigh. More practice required.

Last_Chael

One of the Regulars
LolitaHaze said:
CherryLips... Also, to save a bit of money, you can always hotglue jewels and decorations on to the comb!

What a brilliant idea! I've seen some gorgeous filigree bits at Spotlight that would make gorgeous comb decorations! *is inspired*

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe