Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Re-blocking to Long Oval.

John Galt

Vendor
No question about it, T Jones. No problem getting a uniform brim cut on a long oval blocked hat. I actually opened up the arc on my rounding jack after that first attempt and that solved a problem that most people wouldn't even know was a problem, but hey, I knew it was there and it bothered me.

HS, I'm glad that you concur. I was beginning up think that this phenomenon might have something to do with the Oregon Vortex ;-)

http://www.oregonvortex.com/

You are probably right about most people not having a problem with a 1/8" variance (except those fellows in the Indy forum), but in my admittedly limited experience:

(1) Fedora Loungers are not really like "most people"when it comes to hats; and,

(2) they most certainly would notice if you inadvertently trimmed an extra 1/8" off of a brim.

+1 re your hat, btw

Last edited:

T Jones

I'll Lock Up
HS, I'm glad that you concur. I was beginning up think that this phenomenon might have something to do with the Oregon Vortex ;-)

http://www.oregonvortex.com/

You are probably right about most people not having a problem with a 1/8" variance (except those fellows in the Indy forum), but in my admittedly limited experience:

(1) Fedora Loungers are not really like "most people"when it comes to hats; and,

(2) they most certainly would notice if you inadvertently trimmed an extra 1/8" off of a brim.

+1 re your hat, btw

You can bet Joao would notice that 1/8! For sure he would! He notices everything! Did you see him pick on my Panama? :D

Hey, btw, when did you go from "One Too Many" to "Vendor"? You never mentioned anything about starting up a business this soon. What's the name of your business now? That's kind of sudden. I thought you would have told your ol' buddy.

John Galt

Vendor
Well, the Vendor thing was a Bartender decision that I'm still sorting out.

I haven't really gone pro. Like HumanShoes, at this point, I'm still just a guy with a day job trying to learn as much as he can, and making no claim to being a professional hatter.

T Jones

I'll Lock Up
Well, the Vendor thing was a Bartender decision that I'm still sorting out.

I haven't really gone pro. Like HumanShoes, at this point, I'm still just a guy with a day job trying to learn as much as he can, and making no claim to being a professional hatter.
If you're not an actual business then what determines your being a "Vendor"? Does the bartender know you don't have a hatting business?

John Galt

Vendor
If you're not an actual business then what determines your being a "Vendor"? Does the bartender know you don't have a hatting business?

I appreciate your concern buddy, but I don't feel comfortable discussing this any further here without knowing more about the decision making process. I feel I need to be fair if I want to be treated fairly.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CLUless82