Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Raisin Toast

Edward

Bartender
ga840612.gif

Yeps

Call Me a Cab
My mother, who learned it from her mother, makes the best raisin bread. There is nothing quite like fresh raisin bread, toasted if it has been out of the oven long enough to cool down, with butter. It is fantastic. I especially associate it with Easter, much as panettone goes with Christmas.

dnjan

One Too Many
I go for the high-protein breakfast - raisin toast with peanut butter.
(my wife makes the raisinbread - with cinnamon!)

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
have to watch it closely whilst toasting. I find it goes from 'raw' to 'ash' in a matter of nano-seconds.
So true. And it doesn't respond well to the scraping technique as do other burnt breads.

=============================================

They serve this bread slathered in butter at clinics to ween people off drugs......

prdLarge_11768.jpg

Mind you, it's just trading one addiction for another.

Steven180

One of the Regulars
Wow. The Lounge continues to surprise me. Raisin bread...yes please!

Ever since I was a kid. Even now when visiting my mother and family in Europe, they aways have it fresh, waiting, and the whole family gets a few laughs at the expense of a child like pleasure.

M.

Flipped Lid

One of the Regulars
I like raisin toast, but prefer toasted raisin bagels. I make my own topping that I like much better than cream cheese.

One stick (1/4 pound) softened butter
One cup honey
1 tablespoon cinnamon

Blend ingredients together. Store in a sealed container in the refrigerator. Spread on bagels or raisin toast.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
billmacsworld