Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Rainbow Country Single Rider

Canuck Panda

I'll Lock Up
Time travelling back to 2005, one year after Rainbow Country brand started in 2004. Old label. No chain hanging loop. The two Grizzly models (shawl collar and dress collar) hasn't been in the line up for a while. I'd hope they bring back the H.L.B. Corp B-3 model at some point in the future.
IMG_4479.JPG

IMG_1087.jpg

IMG_1099.jpg

The horsehide was the fast fading kind. But the previous owner(s) maintained it well and had put a nice clear coat on it to stop the fading. Some of these jackets came with NOS Crown zips with the chevron teeth which was a nice touch. The fur is so dense and thick, like new after almost 20 years. The pattern has hidden action pleats in the back, very nice touch, slim fitting but good range of motion, like the Johnson. Both are gems.

IMG_5500.JPG
IMG_5527.JPG
IMG_5540.JPG
IMG_5548.JPG

Jischwar

One of the Regulars
Time travelling back to 2005, one year after Rainbow Country brand started in 2004. Old label. No chain hanging loop. The two Grizzly models (shawl collar and dress collar) hasn't been in the line up for a while. I'd hope they bring back the H.L.B. Corp B-3 model at some point in the future.
View attachment 605779
View attachment 605780
View attachment 605790

The horsehide was the fast fading kind. But the previous owner(s) maintained it well and had put a nice clear coat on it to stop the fading. Some of these jackets came with NOS Crown zips with the chevron teeth which was a nice touch. The fur is so dense and thick, like new after almost 20 years. The pattern has hidden action pleats in the back, very nice touch, slim fitting but good range of motion, like the Johnson. Both are gems.

View attachment 605794 View attachment 605795 View attachment 605796 View attachment 605797
Removeable belt?

cbez

One Too Many
View attachment 605779
View attachment 605780
View attachment 605790

View attachment 605794 View attachment 605795 View attachment 605796 View attachment 605797
nice. ive always been tempted by their grizzlies but i dont think id be able to wear one in socal.

Jasonissm

Practically Family
When I was in Japan, I had the opportunity to try all the Rainbow Country jackets (or most) that I have spent many hours looking at and researching online. Unfortunately, I don't think the fit is for me, I like very tapered waist, so I think that preference automatically cut out most of their jackets.

The closest one for my preference was the Speedster cafe racer jacket but I still think the fit was just merely "good" so I didn't get that one.

I was surprised I was able to find stock to try on though, the models I tried were at Americaya General Garden 610, I tried the

Highwayman - fantastic collar shape, fit was still slightly loose in the waist for my liking even at a size 38,

Ponyboy - honestly, this was the one I was the most excited about but the fit was too straight in the body for me,

Speedster - close to fitting, I think I was in between a 38 and 40, with the sleeve on a 38 being shorter than I'd like

According to the staff there, the Speedster was the most tapered and slimmest fitting model so maybe their cuts just aren't for me? The staff at the store recommended me Aero and Vanson, the C2 fits me well, although I'd prefer a vintage one.

Canuck Panda

I'll Lock Up
@Mysteryo I think you might need a size 46 for the RC Buco style jacket... I saw your question on the daily thread and remembered you had a 46 Y2 Hercules style jacket. The RC Buco style cross zip in 44 will fit like 45 in Y2 at best imo. That is also the jacket I am after but very little info and the prices has gone up quite a bit, in the RMC Buco price category now, so...

Anyways, now I have the size 44 RC single rider, I can share the dims. I think the double riders are same pattern block, just add full action back and cross zip front.

And the OP was correct about each size doesn't really follow a set ratio in the torso. The 42 is basically a 44 with slimmer torso, and shared the same shoulder and sleeves. I am gonna guess the 46 will have 1.5 size jump and share shoulder and sleeve with 48. So the 46 will be a slim 48, is my best guess.

RC single rider size 42 vs 44
IMG_9882.JPG

RC Hercules 42 vs 44 shoulder.JPG

RC Hercules 42 vs 44 sleeve.JPG

Only torso is different
RC Hercules 42 vs 44 chest.JPG

RC Hercules 42 vs 44 waist.JPG

RC Hercules 42 vs 44 hem.JPG

Canuck Panda

I'll Lock Up
Fit difference, only in the torso
RC Hercules 42 vs 44 front open.JPG

RC Hercules 42 vs 44 front closed.JPG

RC Hercules 42 vs 44 back closed.JPG
RC Hercules 42 vs 44 side closed.JPG

Same shoulder and sleeve.

I wonder if this the case throughout the entire sizing grading. So 38 shares with 40 pattern block with same shoulder and sleeve, but only narrower in the torso. Or is this only the case for 42 and up. I don't know. One thing for sure is prices has gone up, inflation happens too fast... Praying for deflation soon...

Tom71

Call Me a Cab
Fit difference, only in the torso
View attachment 628372
View attachment 628371
View attachment 628370 View attachment 628373

Same shoulder and sleeve.

I wonder if this the case throughout the entire sizing grading. So 38 shares with 40 pattern block with same shoulder and sleeve, but only narrower in the torso. Or is this only the case for 42 and up. I don't know. One thing for sure is prices has gone up, inflation happens too fast... Praying for deflation soon...

Very interesting, Thomas!

This somewhat confirms my suspsicion that (some) japanese makers have issue grading their larger sizes.

This is a nuisance if it happens across different models but a complete pain if it affects consecutive sizes in the same model, as in your example. I had the same issue with a Y2 in sizes 44 and 46 respectively.

Canuck Panda

I'll Lock Up
Very interesting, Thomas!

This somewhat confirms my suspsicion that (some) japanese makers have issue grading their larger sizes.

This is a nuisance if it happens across different models but a complete pain if it affects consecutive sizes in the same model, as in your example. I had the same issue with a Y2 in sizes 44 and 46 respectively.
Yeah that's the issue with them for sure. I know exactly what you mean. Y2 jumps in sizing from 42 to 44 then 46 is basically a 44 wide, or 44 is a slim 46. RMC is the same I believe as I also have trouble with RMC 42 but the jump to 44 seems quite a bit up from 42 and I will assume their 46 will fit like 44 just a bit looser at the tummy. Rainbow makes the grading jump earlier from 40 to 42, but they don't really carry a size 46 or I haven't seen one.

Also Rainbow only does what I consider the slim fit and not the regular fit. (slim fit 19" shoulder only 22.75" P2P, regular fit 19" shoulder 23.75" p2p). Y2 has a couple regular fit models but mostly slim fit. And new RMC has gone mostly regular fit and only a few slim fit. I do wish all the brands offers both fits but that might be too many skus to carry inventory in. Switching between slim fit and regular fits further complicated things for end customers, as I believe one is better suited than the other for individuals, and going up or down in the different base patterns don't always work as there's always a few places that feels off. Nothing is perfect I guess.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
billmacsworld