Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

QMSummit.com Website up and running!

Dalexs

Practically Family
QMSummit.com

For those who may not know, a couple of us were discussing putting a website together just to contain photoablums of events like the QMSummit.

One of the Indygearers, farnham54 donated the space, registered the name, and I have installed photo album software.

If anyone would like to post any pics in a common place like this, feel free.
Just register (no authorization needed)
Create an album.
Upload pictures
(Following instructions of course!)
Right now, I've set disk quota at 5mbs each.
This will likely change as I see how many people use it.

If there are any problems, let me know.

Dalexs

MK

Founder
Staff member
Bartender

I am sorry to hear that is what it is called. I hate the "summit" word. I wish Baphy had never spoken it. The Queen Mary weekend is not a summit. If you look at the original art I created, you won't find the "s" word in there. The dictionary says a summit is:

1. The highest point or part; the top.
2. The highest level or degree that can be attained.

3. The highest level, as of government officials.
4. A conference or meeting of high-level leaders, usually called to shape a program of action.

That has nothing to do with the event I started.

There. Now having said that, I will get off my soapbox.:p

I am glad that there will be a sharing of pictures and your efforts.

Julius Xavier

One of the Regulars

I'd have to agree with that statement MK I'm not a huge fan of that word either. It makes me think of Star Trek Conventions... and I believe we are above that... much more classy.

-DocIndyJones

Dalexs

Practically Family
Well, maybe we should think about coming up with a better name for it.
The web address is set for a few years, but we can call the event and gallery anything we want.

Suggestions?

MK

Founder
Staff member
Bartender
The original name was.....

...Adventure on The Queen Mary!

The lazy tongue people will never go for it. I think "QM Event" or QM Weekend" might fly.

BTW: That was a clever bit of software to create that album. Although....it probably won't take long before someone posts something very wrong and you have administrate it more.:confused:

airfrogusmc

Suspended
Looks like everyone had a great time. Summit doesn't bother me but I can see the points that have been made. Great threads everyone and its always good to put faces with names. Thanks for posting photos...

Hemingway Jones

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Though I agree wholeheartedly, it is very difficult to rename something that has been passed onto common usage. Have you ever seen a city rename a street? Front Street in Philadelphia (where the U.S.S. United States is, BTW) was renamed Christopher Columbus Blvd. No local I know calls it that. It will be Front Street forever.

But, back to the matter at hand; I simply call it "The Queen Mary." As in, are you going to the Queen Mary? - or even shorter: the QM!

Dalexs

Practically Family
MK said:
...Adventure on The Queen Mary!
...it probably won't take long before someone posts something very wrong and you have administrate it more.:confused:

I would like to think people are above that, but theres always one in the crowd.

I would also hope that members here take the opportunity to share some of their pics on the site.
A lot of COW people aren't members here and it would show them what we are all about.

Dalexs

Matt Deckard

Man of Action
The Queen Mary accumulation
Golden Era weekend on the Queen Mary
flocking fedora weekend
Golden Era annual assembly on the Queen Mary

Conclave
Conference
Convention

The Queen Mary Golden Era weekend.

Summit... hmm, it is the culmination of all our banter being brought together at one focal point for one weekend a year.

I myself think the word works!

Michaelson

One Too Many
I always did, but I know it's been a bone of contention for MK ever since the first gathering. Well, using one of the dictionary definitions MK posts above, it WAS the first gathering of some of the administrative staff of Indygear...4 of us showed up and talked about the site, as well as the then brand new FL, so that definition works for THAT one . Ah well....:rolleyes: ;)

Regards! Michaelson

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
billmacsworld