Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Purse and Shoe addiction!

Miss Golightly

Call Me a Cab
23SkidooWithYou said:
Miss GoLightly,

I've never seen a bag quite like that! Dreamy. The collapsable handle and key lock are really unique features.

Thank you! :) I'm still admiring your brown purse - I love the shape of it and the interior is gorgeous isn't it? You were asking about touching up the leather on purses - I'm not sure what to do if there is severe scuffing but I use furniture polish on my leather bags - it makes the leather lovely and shiny!

23SkidooWithYou

Practically Family
Miss Golightly said:
Thank you! :) I'm still admiring your brown purse - I love the shape of it and the interior is gorgeous isn't it? You were asking about touching up the leather on purses - I'm not sure what to do if there is severe scuffing but I use furniture polish on my leather bags - it makes the leather lovely and shiny!

Thanks for the compliment on the bag! I just unwrapped it tonight and it immediately became the favorite of my collection. It is a HEAVY bag. I honestly can't believe how heavy this bag is! The interior is very slim line, but the purse itself is pretty big and did I mention how heavy it is? I think they made it from iron girders and maybe that's why it lasted some 5 or 6 decades. I wonder how "everyday" this bag was in it's prime? I can't imagine lugging it around except as the occasional statement accessory.

The edges, especially at the bottom where they round out a bit, are heavily worn with the color coming off the leather from wear. I would just like to touch it up so it's less noticeable but I don't want to ruin the purse. The seller mentioned a permanent marker :eek: . Somehow, I just don't think that's the way to go. [huh]

Wire9Vintage

A-List Customer
Try shoe polish. It gives a nice, somewhat sheer coverage that can take care of many things, including conditioning the leather a bit. I like a cream polish in a matching color.

I have one of those heavy bags...sucker weighs nearly THREE pounds! But it is gorgeous! Sometimes we suffer for what we love :)

23SkidooWithYou

Practically Family
Wire9Vintage said:
Try shoe polish. It gives a nice, somewhat sheer coverage that can take care of many things, including conditioning the leather a bit. I like a cream polish in a matching color.

I have one of those heavy bags...sucker weighs nearly THREE pounds! But it is gorgeous! Sometimes we suffer for what we love :)

Thanks for the advice and welcome to FL!
Hey, maybe we can do arm curls with our purses? Tone and accessorize at the same time! Tell you what, if I slugged a mugger in the face with this one, I'd break his nose for sure.

Wire9Vintage

A-List Customer
There ya go, Skidoo. It's about our *safety*... we *need* these bags :eek:

And a good stilleto to match... again, a mugger doesn't want to mess with a good heel!

And thanks for the welcome, too. I love it here!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe