Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Proper Review-Used Black Aero FQHH Cafe Racer Jacket

dudewuttheheck

I'll Lock Up
I'm not going to lie, it looks a little too large to me from a couple of those angles, but if you're happy, then that's good :)

I think t shirts and plain crewneck sweatshirts look best under cafe racers, but you can wear them with tucked in chambrays, work shirts, and plain flannels.

tnjyoung

A-List Customer
I'm not going to lie, it looks a little too large to me from a couple of those angles, but if you're happy, then that's good :)

I think t shirts and plain crewneck sweatshirts look best under cafe racers, but you can wear them with tucked in chambrays, work shirts, and plain flannels.
It's funny you mentioned that as I 'just' got out of a tub of HOT water with this thing on. I'm risking strange shrinking in the name of a more snug fit...

The bike fits though, right? :)
Cheers.

It's funny you mentioned that as I 'just' got out of a tub of HOT water with this thing on. I'm risking strange shrinking in the name of a more snug fit...

Cheers.
Keep it on as long as you can. Bike is awesome. I'm jealous man. Riding season is a good three weeks out here. It was 80 degrees for literally three hours in Chicago on Friday. Went straight down from there...

dudewuttheheck

I'll Lock Up

Cheers.
Haha the bike fits perfectly! I'm quite jealous of it, actually ;) I want one quite badly.

Let us know how that works out! I'm not trying to rain on the parade and from the front, it looks like a good fit. It just looked a little large to me from the other angles.
A great jacket either way!

Also, don't apologize for the shoes. I love me some Vans! :D

Edward

Bartender
Finally got around to buying the bike that goes with the jacket. :) Please pardon the shoes, but I was in a hurry to get down to the dealership so I just threw on what I could find quickly.
IMG_2701_zpsifnbf0of.jpg

Jacket looks like a godo fit to me. I like a neatish fit in a leather, but like you I have also learned the hard way that by going too neat you just end up with something restrive that is unpleasant and impractical to wear when shut - which is a real nono for the bike...

That Indian is lovely. Bit less 'obvious' than a Harley these days. How do you find that separate pillion cushion on the back? I was vaguely considering customising the bike I have my eye on with an old-school saddle and separate pillion cushion in the mould of a 50s Royal Enfield, but if I end up with a regular pillion I'm thinknig the bench-type might be more practical after all.... (Herself has already vetoed a sidecar, sadly!).

tnjyoung

A-List Customer
Jacket looks like a godo fit to me. I like a neatish fit in a leather, but like you I have also learned the hard way that by going too neat you just end up with something restrive that is unpleasant and impractical to wear when shut - which is a real nono for the bike...

That Indian is lovely. Bit less 'obvious' than a Harley these days. How do you find that separate pillion cushion on the back? I was vaguely considering customising the bike I have my eye on with an old-school saddle and separate pillion cushion in the mould of a 50s Royal Enfield, but if I end up with a regular pillion I'm thinknig the bench-type might be more practical after all.... (Herself has already vetoed a sidecar, sadly!).

Good afternoon Edward,
The pillion seat (according to my wife) is comfortable enough for an hour or two ride, nothing more. That is about all we (she and I) plan for her to ride. Its really nothing more than a way for her to enjoy the bike with me on a pretty day.

I agree with you completely on what looks good in a standing shot vs. what is functionally good (regarding jacket fit). I must be able to move or it is just not worth it. I will post some photos soon on how the HWT worked out for me. :). Good luck on the Royal Enfield! I think they look great!

dudewuttheheck

I'll Lock Up
Definitely better! For my personal taste, still a little big, but different strokes for different folks :)

I still think the bike is cooler :p

Did it shr... Okay, did the HWT had any effect on the dimensions of the leather jacket in question?

Butch_Coolidge

Familiar Face
That jacket is awesome [emoji41]. It looks cool and perfect. I have a similar jacket made by Fulmer. I believe they make helmets. Mine has become naturally distressed in the past several years. It's also a 46. Good fit, but not tight. I think you can pull off anything with the jacket. I wear mine year around, except for the hot summer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tnjyoung

A-List Customer
Did it shr... Okay, did the HWT had any effect on the dimensions of the leather jacket in question?
Hahahaha! It did shrink a little, but I did not notice a specific loss of dimension, more of an overall shrinkage. I would love it to be about 4" smaller in the torso! :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe