Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Promising Trailer For Alt WW2 Drama ‘Resistance’

Steven180

One of the Regulars
Looks interesting. I think I've seen the novel in passing, but have not read it. Anxious to hear other's thoughts on accuracy of settings and costumes. And curious to see exactly how the storyline brings the picture together.

Anyone else have any insight?
M.

Gene

Practically Family
I hate to be a skeptic and all, not to mention speculative, but it's pretty much completely unbelievable Germany would have ever invaded Britain after 1941.

Now, this would be completely believable had they set it at a time when the Battle of Britain was won by Germany and then they invaded. But 1944? With a ton of Americans on the island and many more to follow? Doubtful. And how did they invade? What, did the Germans swim to England? Or drop paratroopers with that one plane the Luftwaffe had left to fuel?

Spitfire

I'll Lock Up
I wonder if it isn't possible to watch it as a story on what went on in all occupied countries - instead of looking for the historic facts on UK in 1944 ?
I am definitely going to see it when it comes up in Denmark.

Shangas

I'll Lock Up
Fascinating, but I agree with Gene, wholly improbable.

If this was set in 1940, perhaps. Not 1944.

I seem to recall in a documentary that, according to some military historians, the Germans gave up trying to attack Britain by air (Battle of Britain) Because the RAF just kept coming back and back and back and kicking their asses. Apparently, what the Germans didn't know was that, when they finally decided to stop the battle and concede defeat, Britain was very nearly out of aircraft.

Had the Germans continued in 1940, Britain might very well have lost within another few weeks, because its men and airplanes were almost at the point of complete exhaustion.

That would've been much more realistic, I reckon.

Maj.Nick Danger

I'll Lock Up
Now, this would be completely believable had they set it at a time when the Battle of Britain was won by Germany and then they invaded. But 1944? With a ton of Americans on the island and many more to follow? Doubtful. And how did they invade? What, did the Germans swim to England? Or drop paratroopers with that one plane the Luftwaffe had left to fuel?
They flew over in their UFOs of course.
But seriously, it does look like an interesting movie as it's based on an interesting premise. I like these "What If" type stories.

Alain Laterre

New in Town
Thanks for posting about this, somehow it has got under my wartime 'radar'!
Whether it could have ever happened or not it's always interesting to think how history could have changed by small events.
The trailer looks promising so let's see!
Alain.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe