Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Presents for your S.O.

Miss Dottie

Practically Family
The Wingnut said:
If I might wander in and offer a man's point of view...

If your man is of the mindset that most on this forum are, here are a few easy and inexpensive items:

Bay Rum or Royall Spyce - great scents, packaging and good value.

Collar bars - see other posts on this topic, they're somewhat easy to find, inexpensive and styles vary enough to warrant several.

Tie bars - also plentiful with many styles. Look for ones that match what he's already got.

Cufflinks - another with threads dedicated to them here. Again, see what he's already got and work with the theme.

If he doesn't wear cufflinks and you'd like him to try, get him a dress shirt with french cuffs and the links to go with it. No tie appropriate for a tie bar? Try finding a tie you'd like on him to go with the bar. Sure, a tie is somewhat passe, but it's in the presentation...if there's more than just a tie, such as items that match and play into it, it'll be fun to try it out all at once.

Try the Taxi Wallet for wallets. Tough, compact yet roomy, and versatile.

ebay is a great resource for much of these...time is, of course, running out, but not all auctions have 7 days left to go.

Taxi wallet, eh? I'll give that a lookover. Thanks Wingnut!

Jenautica

Familiar Face
~landgirl~ said:
I have done really well for my other half.

I managed to find him a sample record of Amy Winehouse's 'Rehab' (he is a DJ) so he will be over the moon with that! Got him some Joop, men's moisturisor - which I am going to MAKE him use! hehe and Some WWII German items, including some cute original German pin up cards! Just desperately trying to find him a repro wallet now.

Oh you went with the Joop!!! It's such a different sort of scent. Let me know what you think:D

Babydoll

Call Me a Cab
My mister didn't give me a list of things he wanted, so I was flying blind this year. I think I did pretty well, though.

Black dress shirt to go with some of his funkier ties.
New CD by one of his famous musician cousins.
Season one of Lost.
A cool printed t-shirt.
A few chocolate soldiers to go in his stocking.

Those are the main ones I know he'll adore. The others.... I'm holding my breath for now.

(He's not into retro or vintage, so he gets all modern from me.)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe