Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Pre 1940s dress hats

The Wiser Hatter

I'll Lock Up
Great color! Really nice green. I've never seen one that color before.

0c6f7adb.jpg

Yes it is Mike sold this one to me and it is a wonderful dark green hat. I wear it with my vintage harris tweed jacket that has the same
color in the pattern.

Josh that last hat was just fantastic. Oh to get a velour of that quality it must have a wonderful hand to it.

Joshbru3

I'll Lock Up
The long-haired hats are really something. I'm not sure that I could dress up to the look!

Josh that last hat was just fantastic. Oh to get a velour of that quality it must have a wonderful hand to it.

Thanks, Guys!! The hand to this felt is just wonderful. When brushed and steamed, it feels like a silk top hat. When I first got it, it felt more like shag carpeting.

fashion frank

One Too Many
and with a light center dent.........

Hello Josh ,great find !
I am wondering since I see that the hat is a size 6 7/8 ,is that your hat size as it is mine , you dont see many old hats in
that small a size .
If it is your head size, I am wondering how a 1920's "6 7/8 " fits compared to todays 6 7/8, I know the size should stay
the same technically but was it, is it ?

All the Best ,Fashion Frank

Joshbru3

I'll Lock Up
and with a light center dent.........

Hello Josh ,great find !
I am wondering since I see that the hat is a size 6 7/8 ,is that your hat size as it is mine , you dont see many old hats in
that small a size .
If it is your head size, I am wondering how a 1920's "6 7/8 " fits compared to todays 6 7/8, I know the size should stay
the same technically but was it, is it ?

All the Best ,Fashion Frank

Frank, I'm a size 7 LO. I have a good amount of vintage hats in size 6 7/8 because they serve as great examples for my collection, but they do not fit me. All hats fit different, now and in the past. People did tend to wear hats a bit higher on their heads pre-1920's and from vintage size charts I have seen, there does seem to be about 1/8-1/4 inch difference in circumference listed on the vintage charts. I have had vintage 6 7/8 fit my head very comfortably and modern 6 7/8 fit very tightly. It seriously depends. If your looking for pre-40's hat in size 6 7/8, let me know. I may have one for you.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe