Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

EVEN-STEVEN

One of the Regulars
[/QUOTE]I may leave it with a cattleman's crease to preserve its heritage and because I don't have one or I may give it a different bash, but my question what is the correct way to wear a cattleman's crease? Should the brim be left up or should it be snapped down?

Thank you, Jonathon and Steve. Great hat! [/QUOTE]

You're welcome, Bob! That lid was made for you! Just for variety, I suggest you go brim up in front - in honor of LBJ!

RBH

Bartender
UWS Cowboy said:
Here's something a little different. Nice new beret I got earlier today by Jonathan Richard in Ireland.
IMG_3561.jpg
[/IMG]
IMG_3563.jpg
[/IMG]
Welcome to the Lounge Cowboy!!!!
Nice beret!

BobC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
UWS Cowboy said:
Thanks everyone. Here's another new one.. I'm done for a while, my pockets are getting empty. This one's a fur felt bowler by Bailey.
baileybowler.jpg
[/IMG]

I like that, It looks good on you.

RBH

Bartender
UWS Cowboy said:
Thanks everyone. Here's another new one.. I'm done for a while, my pockets are getting empty. This one's a fur felt bowler by Bailey.

And they will only get emptier! :D

Nice bowler, when I was your age I always wanted a derby, never got a real one. Still dont have one....
Glad to see you wearing sporting such a fine lid!!

dhermann1

I'll Lock Up
I may leave it with a cattleman's crease to preserve its heritage and because I don't have one or I may give it a different bash, but my question what is the correct way to wear a cattleman's crease? Should the brim be left up or should it be snapped down?
Thank you, Jonathon and Steve. Great hat!

I kept the cattleman's crease on mine, but wore the brim down. I just didn't have the cojones to wear it up. I liked it better down.
But somehow I suspect LBJ, Ike and Harry are up there looking down at me going "Tsk, tsk."

HarpPlayerGene

I'll Lock Up

carouselvic

I'll Lock Up
Mixed group

Top L-R all Stetsons...Royal De Luxe St. Regis, 3X Gold medallion liner, Royal
Bottom L-R Champ Derby, Berg, Champ Feather Weight
(the Champ derby and the Berg are of the same period and manufacturer)

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
Can you please shoot the inside of the 3x gold medallion. I don't think I've heard of that one. As always, great stuff.

thunderw21

I'll Lock Up
carouselvic said:
Top L-R all Stetsons...Royal De Luxe St. Regis, 3X Gold medallion liner, Royal
Bottom L-R Champ Derby, Berg, Champ Feather Weight
(the Champ derby and the Berg are of the same period and manufacturer)

That 3X is a darn fine hat with that color and reverse taper. Good hats all around.

thunderw21

I'll Lock Up
Just got this in the mail. Dobbs Fifteen from GoneSolo. Good communication and fast shipping (2 days).

5" crown, almost a 3" brim. Like new condition, nice soft felt. It's 6 7/8" so a little tight for my head but a little stretch will solve that. My new favorite hat.

me073.jpg

1940sDobbs15.jpg

ScionPI2005

Call Me a Cab
thunderw21 said:
Just got this in the mail. Dobbs Fifteen from GoneSolo. Good communication and fast shipping (2 days).

5" crown, almost a 3" brim. Like new condition, nice soft felt. It's 6 7/8" so a little tight for my head but a little stretch will solve that. My new favorite hat.

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b367/thunderw21/me073.jpg[/IMG[/QUOTE]

Awesome hat, thunder!! Looks great on you and you wear it well! I'm sure you'll get lots of wear out of that one this season.

BobC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
dhermann1 said:
I kept the cattleman's crease on mine, but wore the brim down. I just didn't have the cojones to wear it up. I liked it better down.
But somehow I suspect LBJ, Ike and Harry are up there looking down at me going "Tsk, tsk."

I am finding it a little difficult to imagine honoring LBJ but less so HST or Ike. I like my hats snapped down but maybe once in a while I can wear them up for those two.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CLUless82