Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

ken100

Familiar Face
Thanks

Thanks for the warm welcom, when I get my head around the camera thing, Ill put up some of my favorites, including my new Akubra style master I picked up yesterday in tan.
Ken

kiltie

Practically Family
Pithy

I kinda bought this on a lark, but it's really a solid reproduction. I got it at an Army surplus store while visiting Colorado. Hopefully somewhere down the line I can upgrade the guts of the thing, as they don't match the quality of the shell. The shell is great, and the pug is well wrapped and tight, not one of those silly molded affairs on a lot of repros.
HPIM2468-1.jpg

kiltie

Practically Family
Thanks for the compliments. My friends and I took the helmet with us everywhere we went and took pics at appropriate locations: Riding an elephant ride and a zebra at the penny arcade, atop the Sinclare dinosaur at the gas station, etc...

cookie

I'll Lock Up
Pith Helmet

kiltie said:
I kinda bought this on a lark, but it's really a solid reproduction. I got it at an Army surplus store while visiting Colorado. Hopefully somewhere down the line I can upgrade the guts of the thing, as they don't match the quality of the shell. The shell is great, and the pug is well wrapped and tight, not one of those silly molded affairs on a lot of repros.
HPIM2468-1.jpg

Pukka!

W0XDL

New in Town
I'm Pleased to Be Here in the Lounge

Gentlemen and Ladies,

I have recently fallen for wearing vintage hats. It all started with a simple Knox 20 with a stingy brim found for cheap at a thrift store. The hat needed cleaning and a reshaping but it came out very nice. It's now my everyday hat and I receive a lot of compliments from the students at the school at which I teach.

I also am awaiting the arrival of a Homburg I purchased on eBay. I needed an appropriate hat for my new (also vintage) gray winter coat. I can hardly wait for it to arrive and I will try to post a photo after it arrives.

I am looking forward to being a part of the Fedora Lounge. It seems I have found a place with "like minded" company. I'm a believer in wearing a shirt and tie and having well groomed and neat hair. I'm a Wildroot man and enjoy using this classic hair dressing.

Best Wishes,

DL

BobC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Welcome to the lounge, DL. You will like it here. We enjoy seeing pictures of hats here. Won't you show us yours?

AlanC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Welcome DL! Are you within driving distance to KC? We're going to try to get an area get together set up sometime this fall.

britishink

New in Town
Good day to you all.

My name is Paul Roe and I'm an Englishman living in Washington DC.

I have worn hats of all descriptions in my 40 years, I was drawn to the Fedora Lounge while researching a Biltmore Beaver fedora in a stone gray, I won it on the 'Bay.

When it arrives I will surely take some photographs.

So...there it is.

Hello.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe