Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

bolthead

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Super Lid GWD.....

Glad it fits....:eusa_clap

got this over the weekend, very strange hat, I must say.

SeaSpray2.jpg
SeaSpray3.jpg
SeaSpray4.jpg
SeaSpray1.jpg

This tag was inside of it.....
SeaSpray5.jpg

I tried to submerge it in water to soften it up a bit so I can shape the brim...it's very stiff, the whole hat is.....and the water just beaded off of it like a duck in a pond. :D

I don't know if there's a coat of shellac on it or what? It is a bit yellowed. [huh]

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
water resistant! Probably shellac, but at least that means you don't have to worry about summer rain storms catching you unawares.
I like it a lot.

GWD

One Too Many
bolthead said:
Glad it fits....:eusa_clap

got this over the weekend, very strange hat, I must say.

SeaSpray2.jpg
SeaSpray3.jpg
SeaSpray4.jpg
SeaSpray1.jpg

This tag was inside of it.....
SeaSpray5.jpg

I tried to submerge it in water to soften it up a bit so I can shape the brim...it's very stiff, the whole hat is.....and the water just beaded off of it like a duck in a pond. :D

I don't know if there's a coat of shellac on it or what? It is a bit yellowed. [huh]

I like it Bolt, the third picture almost looks like it's made of styrofoam.

DOUGLAS

A few more.
DSCN7277.jpg

DSCN7274.jpg

DSCN7275.jpg

DSCN7276.jpg

This a fabulous hat. Boy do I wish they could make it like this again. Aside from a little dirt on the brim and an inch or so of loose stitches the hat is perfect. It is completely different from my other Cross Country.

DOUGLAS

Thanks Alan.It amazes me how well things were made then. Even the sweat band is supple,although I will need to replace it with a reeded one soon. I wonder if reeding can be attached to this sweat. The felt is so ,so thin. I wish I could find more.

GWD

One Too Many
Douglas, Douglas, Douglas

Size 7 1/8 huh? All the compliments I've given you! All this time you've been against me! It's a good thing I'm running out of closet space or I would consider you my enemy! :D

Beautiful hat! I think I bid on that one.

DOUGLAS

GWD said:
Size 7 1/8 huh?

Actually I am a 7-1/4. Sometimes I find an 1/8 that fits really well and this is one.
Sorry about bidding against you but......

Thanks J.T., you have been showing some fine hats yourself.

GWD

One Too Many
DOUGLAS said:
Actually I am a 7-1/4. Sometimes I find an 1/8 that fits really well and this is one.
Sorry about bidding against you but......

Thanks J.T., you have been showing some fine hats yourself.

Absolutely no problem! I'm just playing. I've said it before, you seem to find the best looking hats out there! You have a great eye!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe