Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

bolthead

My Mail is Forwarded Here
GWD said:
This is my Stetson Skyhawk I was planning on wearing this hat with my club jacket on our next outing. I don't know if it looks right. Can you fashion gurus give me some input?

web.jpg
I think it looks great....the ribbon matches the jacket perfect & the tie matches the color of the felt, like Stoney said.....go for it. :eusa_clap

bolthead

McAndrew....

This was at the post office today.
W :eek: W.....This hat looks brand spankin' new, like it was never worn. I love the color and the felt is amazing, I was playing with it without any steam & put a quick hand bashed pork pie in it just to see what it would look like. I may leave it, I don't have one (pork pie) in this color. :D

McAndrew1.jpg
McAndrew2.jpg

McAndrew6.jpg
McAndrew4.jpg
McAndrew5.jpg
McAndrew3.jpg

You were right JT, when you said I was gonna love this hat.....I already do. ;)

Oh yeah almost forgot my favorite part, the price.....$9.16

rbbrock

Familiar Face
BobC said:
Wow, RB! I like that hat! Is that a Fed or a Fed Deluxe? I have a moonstone gray Stylemaster with a black ribbon that I like very well, but that Fed is really nice, man! I also have a Fed Deluxe IV in heritage fawn, but I may have to get a moonstone Fed too. Very nice!

Thank you! It's a regular Fed; the Deluxe doesn't come in moonstone. So far I'm loving it.

Bolthead, that porkpie looks awesome!

bolthead

Thanks guys....

rbbrock said:
Thank you! It's a regular Fed; the Deluxe doesn't come in moonstone. So far I'm loving it.

Bolthead, that porkpie looks awesome!
I did post a pic wearing it today, but it seems that "Thread" is still having problems. [huh]

BTW....that Moonstruck is a sweet lid, and I'm really diggin' that Bear Skin Rug.....

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
was McAndrew owned by Resistol? Resistol is the only other company I remember using that kind of sweatband attachment.

J.T.Marcus

Call Me a Cab
Dinerman said:
was McAndrew owned by Resistol? Resistol is the only other company I remember using that kind of sweatband attachment.

Sort of. Here's Carter's quote from p. 2 of our "Classic Mat Makers List" thread.

"Kevin McAndrew
McAndrew was a high quality hatmaker, originally out of England, and later acquired by the Hat Corporation of America." (Quote: Carter)

majormoore

Vendor
I would love to have that bear skin that is hanging on your wall, also the hat looks great with your suit, you and Alan C. seem to have that dressed all the time look, neat as a pin.

Mike

rbbrock said:
My new Moonstone Federation with a semi-Indy crease.

sidedown.jpg

front.jpg

me.jpg

BobC

I received this hat in the mail today. It's a Diamente from Panama Bob. I believe I like it better than the Monticristi he sent me a few weeks ago. Also, this is my first eBay score, hat or otherwise.

IMG_0158.jpg

IMG_0159.jpg

IMG_0160.jpg

IMG_0161.jpg

indycop

I'll Lock Up
BobC said:
I received this hat in the mail today. It's a Diamente from Panama Bob. I believe I like it better than the Monticristi he sent me a few weeks ago. Also, this is my first eBay score, hat or otherwise.
IMG_0159.jpg
Great purchase! It has a beautiful side profile,if that makes sense.:eusa_clap

rbbrock

Familiar Face
That picture was actually taken at my dad's office, because he had left the digital camera there, so it's his bearskin. The bear I shot is at my place. It's bigger. :D The taxidermist had to use a grizzly bear skull form in the rug, because even the largest black bear skull form was too small for the hide.

kabuto said:
Send the bearskin to Winchester and get some felt hat bodies made. You'd be the only kid on your block with bear felt hats.

That would be true, but it would also make the hats very, very expensive. lol Besides, the hides look too good the way they are.

dorward

New in Town
The warmer weather is arriving and my usual black wool trilby is getting increasingly out of season, so I decided it was time for something lighter. Panama Hats Direct had a few items on sale, so I decided to give them a try. This arrived just in time for the weekend:

panama-1.jpg

Slim Portly

One Too Many
GWD said:
This is my Stetson Skyhawk I was planning on wearing this hat with my club jacket on our next outing. I don't know if it looks right. Can you fashion gurus give me some input?

web.jpg
It looks perfect on you, and the colors go very nicely with your jacket and tie.

Colby Jack

Call Me a Cab
New Panama alert

Let's see...as usual...wore my Bushman to day...but when I got home, there was a box waiting for me. My new panama from the kind Weber family. A PanamaBob "Gotita" style cuenca. verrry nice:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap
newpanama2copy.jpg
[/IMG]
It's nice and light weight...Should be just right for the summer heat we're already starting to experience here in Florida...

BobC

Thank you, Stoney. I like this Panama too. It's a nice looking hat.

RB, I e-mailed Ron at Hats Direct today and asked him if he could style a moonstone Fed to a C dent. He said he would have to experiment a bit because he had only done the IJ style before, but he thought he could do it. He did mention that he would experiment with one in my size, if you can imagine. Thanks for the inspiration. That really is one fine looking fedora you have there!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
billmacsworld