Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Joao Encarnado

I'll Lock Up
Well I was waiting for a black stagecoach but ended with this (next time read everything 3 times):
nonstage01.jpg

nonstage02.jpg

nonstage03.jpg

nonstage04.jpg

nonstage05.jpg

nonstage06.jpg

nonstage07.jpg

Well... can't complain, dimensions are the same as a Stagecoach, brim is 4,25 inches (4 1/4"), big crown, fits nicely and only costed $30 (shipping not included).
Never had a inspected hat.

It came in a Stagecoach box (it's a bit messed but I was wanting one and I'm surprised it arrived in this shape)
nonstage08.jpg

With it also came this feather hatband that I don't like (I can trade it for another hat).
nonstage09.jpg

In the noggin
nonstage10.jpg

SeanOgan

New in Town
First time posting, long time visitor. I had both these hats for a couple of mouths but didn't think to post them until now. :)

My Stetson Chatham in caribou.
wipo2.jpg

My brother and I (left) shoveling snow in Alabama, of all bloody places. This is a hat from Beaver Hat Co. I bought off ESTY. It's make I am unsure. I believe my brother's hat is a Country Gentleman hat.
1617131_10201453401433095_510757899_o.jpg

Great hats Sean. Welcome to the fun.
Would that have been the
great blizzard of 2013 we had a few months ago?

Sent from my XT1030 using Tapatalk

Nick D

Call Me a Cab
Picked this up on eBay. '60s Dobbs, I believe. Unfortunately the brim is a lot bigger than it looked like in the auction photos (which made it look like a more subdued homburg curl). Not sure if I should return it or keep it, unless someone here is interested. I contacted a hatter who said the brim would be to difficult to press and trim. Thoughts?

SAM_5236_zps4cfb941b.jpg

SAM_5234_zps13aeca79.jpg

SAM_5232_zps9df1cada.jpg

SAM_5233_zpsb05341b7.jpg

Welcome Sean and WOW-za on your first post! Thanks for posting!!

NickD, IMHO that is one amazing hat as is. Sure, you may be the only guy in the U.P. with a brim like that, but it's a beauty!!

Brad Bowers

I'll Lock Up
Looks like a Dobbs Americana, which places it 1970-72. I would think it could be flanged flat enough to trim the brim down and re-curl.

Brad

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
billmacsworld