Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

APB

New in Town
Bowlerman & Landman, thanks both for the kind comments! Mackey Custom Hats in Shell, Wyoming made this hat for me......after several phone calls tweeking my original order. They were very helpful and patient, and I am very pleased. I wear it everyday!

Mystic

Practically Family
Royal Stetson Hemp "Milan" OPS
P1050492.JPG

Robert, I'm a big fan of Milan straws. This is really a special one.
Haven't seen too many of the OPS & OPA tags show up in the threads lately. Maybe you could find the OPA - OPS thread and put this one there to give that subject a bump. An interesting subject that doesn't get enough attention, IMHO.

Last edited:

Dronak

Familiar Face
I hope you don't mind one more picture of my newest hat. The one I posted a few days ago (a few pages back) was taken inside the store before purchase. The color looks darker than that in person though. So I took a shot of it on my white table, and included the extra feathers the store tossed in. I have a brush, too, but that doesn't need to be in the picture.

Some additional info on the hat: it's a Royal Stetson, and the model seems to be Downs. The color is given as graphite, and the brim is actually 2-3/8". The size is 58 / 7.25, which I think is a bit large, but the store put some foam "shim" material under the sweatband to tighten it up for me and included some extra in case I need it. I think they did this because I wasn't there to try the hat on (my wife got it while on a business trip), my self-measured head size might have been a bit off, and it seems easier to make a hat tighter than looser, so it was better to go with the bigger size. It seems to fit pretty well right now, but at some point I should get into a good hat store for a real measurement so I know exactly what my size should be. The store also sent some basic care instructions for me, which should be helpful since this is my first fur felt hat. And I think that covers it for now!

rlk

I'll Lock Up
anon. French Lightweight Velour

Must have used some heavy hair product, but bald on the top?

Straight from the box-only pushing it back into shape....
P1050546.JPG
P1050547.JPG

P1050545.JPG

They managed to loosen near half the sweatband stitching--turns out to fit well and otherwise be in excellent condition. Fantastic felt.

Last edited:
Robert, That is a great find! Sorry to see the shipping damage to the sweatband. You have to wonder what goes through some of these seller's heads! I will have to look into the Baltimore reseller.

I knew Warner & Co. was famlair. H.L. Mencken went to this store.

"Warner & Co., Inc. Polk's Baltimore City Directory for 1900 lists WARNER & CO. (Theodore Warner and James R. Paine), Hatters, at 324 W. Baltimore St. Polk's for 1922 gives WARNER & CO., Hats, Caps, Umbrellas, Coats, Canes, etc., 222-224 W. Baltimore St. Sometime between 1925 and 1927, WARNER & CO., moved to 18-20 East Baltimore St. Polk's for 1964 gives WARNER & CO., The Quality Store for Men, 20 East Baltimore St."

Last edited:

rlk

I'll Lock Up
Borsalino Lana for Italia Independent

Opposite end of age spectrum(new), a current European Model.

P1050551.JPG
P1050553.JPG
P1050555.JPG

Last edited:

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
Here's a hat I couldn't resist grabbing today, by Berman's "The Leather Experience." It's not a brand or a department store I'm familiar with, and seems like it couldn't possibly be that old. In fact it appears rather new. But it's a nice shade of natural or sahara, and a pretty decent quality fur felt whose brim seems to somewhat mold with whatever shape I put it in. Ironically, the sweatband is a very cheap feeling leather. I have yet to run a google search on Berman's.

037np.jpg

and... lol

039ap.jpg

Unfortunately, I"m wearing Lee jeans, not Wrangler. :p

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe