Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.
Echter Borsalino

My latest Echter Borsalino arrived today. It is date stamped 03/19/59. More in the Borsa thread.

5416346803_80c0cf2114_b.jpg

5416346591_193ee12139_b.jpg

5416958340_5df4c1a4ec_b.jpg

5416957230_cd7e40a099_b.jpg

Jedwbpm

One Too Many
New to me Dobbs of New York Grey Fedora, that I bought from Rodkins. I read his post better then then Frussell's. It is a lot like my Stetson Temple. The felt is a little softer and the color is Bluer. The Temple Caribou seems to have some violet or maybe brown to it. The Dobbs is going to Church with me this Sunday for sure.
GrayDobbsFront.jpg

GrayDobbsside.jpg

In Honor of Rodkins I am wearing my Walt Disney World Marathon Medical Team Polo Shirt.

Jeff

Rodkins

Call Me a Cab
New to me Dobbs of New York Grey Fedora, that I bought from Rodkins. I read his post better then then Frussell's. It is a lot like my Stetson Temple. The felt is a little softer and the color is Bluer. The Temple Caribou seems to have some violet or maybe brown to it. The Dobbs is going to Church with me this Sunday for sure.

In Honor of Rodkins I am wearing my Walt Disney World Marathon Medical Team Polo Shirt.

Jeff

Looks great!

fmw

One Too Many
that's super, Jeff. Very nice. I only have only one Dobbs but I think it is the highest quality hat I own.

azhiker

One of the Regulars
OK, here is my latest. Wife actually had a 'few wods' about this one. I made the mistake and took her to a consignment store with me today. My eyes were drawn to this!

74978-m-0.jpg

It is immaculate. size is 7 1/2 LO, but it actually fits not too bad. I have opened it out tonite, I will try my hand on maybe a diamond or even that arrowhead crease JTH put on his latest. BTW, its a 3X Open Road. If anyone has any ideas as to age or value, I have more photos on conversion corral, and also on Modern Open road threads. I know I see these on ebay all the time, but it's worth alot to me to be able to touch, examine something first hand. also ones I see on bay seem like they are all 6 7/8 or 7's.

danofarlington

My Mail is Forwarded Here
OK, here is my latest. Wife actually had a 'few wods' about this one. I made the mistake and took her to a consignment store with me today. My eyes were drawn to this!

I assume she thinks you underpaid for the hat. You should patiently explain that although the seller needs to make a profit too, you're in it for the cheapest price, and thus tried to argue it down. I'm sure she'll understand once you lay out the situation.

Bernie Zack

One of the Regulars
My latest Echter Borsalino arrived today. It is date stamped 03/19/59. More in the Borsa thread.

5416346803_80c0cf2114_b.jpg

5416346591_193ee12139_b.jpg

5416958340_5df4c1a4ec_b.jpg

5416957230_cd7e40a099_b.jpg

I'm new to the fedora hat world, so pardon my questions if they sound dumb. Did you craft the crown like that yourself, or is that how it arrived to you? I am a big fan of that, I think you call it "pinch?" Very nice.

warbird

One Too Many
I'm looking for EXACTLY this hat! Since it's not really your style, if you are ever interested in parting with it, contact me!

Bernie, I am going to sell it. Dang it. I have just come to the conclusion that I am not going to keep hats hanging around in boxes that either don't fit or that I don't wear. I used to like to have them even if they weren't a good fit or whatever.

But, I am trying to simplify things. I need to pick up a couple of hats in styles I am interested in wearing on a regular basis that fit. Anything else is just going to be gone. I already have a hat for sale in the classifieds and last night I attached a 2nd hat to the deal, just to get it out of here. I am about to head to Reno for a week. I will not shoot a man in Reno...just to watch him die. After I get back I'm selling more hats. I'm selling a hat when I get back that has a true story to it. If it isn't a one of a kind, there are very few of them still in existence. I even talked to the people who who currently are affiliated with this entity and their own historian and librarian told me that they know these hats exist, but even she had never seen one. I'm selling it. It doesn't fit. I'm probably crazy and I will likely regret it if I live to be an old man. But heck with it. Crazed moment subdued now. ;)

azhiker

One of the Regulars
OK, here it is done. Or at least all i'm going to do tonite! Nothing but kitchen utensils were used to modify this hat (it shows too).

75003-m-0.jpg

75006-m-0.jpg

It sorta has a teardrop..sorta..this will be a work in progress. I have my Roselini, my two Henry the Hatter conversions and my other Biltmores that are shaped 'perfectly', so maybe it's time I took a little more relaxed look.
I gotta work on the pinch too, looks like either it, or my head is crooked..:)
75004-m-0.jpg

S_M_Cumberworth

One of the Regulars
Well, this is the first wide-brimmed hat I've bought, so I'm still a bit self-conscious. I'll just need to get used to it.

It's a Mallory Twenty in absolutely immaculate condition — even the bow on the sweat is still fluffy. I can only assume that it's never been worn before.

5416804115_e7b9bb0d9c_b.jpg

5417414668_5431c662d3_b.jpg

5417413850_a640f38028_b.jpg

5416801827_4262229378_b.jpg

5417375312_d4e97723bf_b.jpg

I really have no idea what I'm doing when it comes to dating hats, but I figure that this hat can't have been made any later than the mid-50s.

azhiker

One of the Regulars
Very nice hat, and it does not look bad on you. I just got a wider brim hat, only 2 3/4, but it seems like having a garbage can lid on my head. I got used to it in about 1 day!

S_M_Cumberworth

One of the Regulars
Very nice hat, and it does not look bad on you. I just got a wider brim hat, only 2 3/4, but it seems like having a garbage can lid on my head. I got used to it in about 1 day!

Yeah, this brim is 2 3/4", too. 'Garbage can lid' is almost exactly what I felt when I first put it on. I'll just have to wear it out tonight to get used to it. And tomorrow night.

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
It's going to be hanging way out there in front of you for a little while. Soon, you won't even notice it, except for when you begin to feel uncomfortable in a narrower brim. These days, any brim under 2.5" makes me feel uncomfortable.

Great overall look. :eusa_clap

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe