Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

One Too Many
I don't know what I thought, when I bought this one. I know only that I wanted this hat.
It's an Habig Sport Ventilo from the 50s my guess, ( correct me Steve ) in black with a 2.36 inch brim!
It's an Alpine or Trachten hat.
Better photos if he arrives.

http://www.ebay.de/itm/130812883543...N2M=&rt=nc&_trksid=p4340.l2557&orig_cvip=true

Chepstow, all european hats have a great finished, is a pleasure has one, habig, wegener, mayser, fletched, borsalino, etc., I believe is trachten (Steve has the last word) Congratulations ¡¡¡¡ I like have one ¡¡¡

Landman

One Too Many
After lusting after a hat Landman was trying to find a trade for, I finally struck a deal with him for this gorgeous Adam. It was a little big, but a couple shims in the sweat and it fits like a glove. This is truly one of the nicer hats I own, and I love the wide brim binding.

Rob,

The Adams looks great. I'm glad it wasn't too big for you.

Last edited:

Chepstow

I'll Lock Up
My guess would be mid to late 1950s. Will be interesting to see what the paper label reveals. I really like it!

Steve thanks! I asked the seller after the right size and gave him the tip with the paper label. The seller wrote me, that he is no able to read it, because it's destroyed or not full there. He measured the hat by hand. It's a size 56. But, maybe he has a date stamp!
We will see!

jbucklin

Practically Family
VS Black Cherry Whippet:
image-2.jpeg

Last edited:

ScottF

Call Me a Cab
Here are three westerns I just picked up. Not in hand yet, so these pics will have to do:

Auction description: Two Stetson Hats. Stetson is a name synonymous with the West and the Western lifestyle. If you're playing "cowboy", this lot is perfect. You can be the guy in the white hat or the guy in the black hat. We offer a size "7" black hat marketed by Gruene Brothers of Gruene, Texas in excellent shape. Plus, we have a beige or buff-colored Stetson marketed by Blackburn Brothers of Amarillo, Texas. It is marked as a size "1/4". It has some light spotting that should clean up, but is otherwise quite sound. From the estate of Houston collector Brent Burg.

lf

Fine Nutria Stetson-Style Wide-Brimmed Man's Hat. Made by the American Hat Co., its original leather sweat band and satin lining show little indication that this vintage hat was ever worn. Light dust deposits on surface, otherwise great condition. Diameter 14"

lf

lf

lf

ScottF

Call Me a Cab
Scott, that looks fantastic, marvelous finds and great hats! Congrats, that looks like a Jackpot for you!

Thanks Manfred. I would like to post a larger version of the last image, showing only the liner and label, but I have been unable to upload photographs to this website since the format changed :( The liner is a dark satin blue, with a brown piece sewn to the top which depicts a Victorian woman (like in the old western beer posters) - the stitching connecting the two is very tight, so I'm hopeful that it's original. I don't have images of the interiors of the two Stetsons, so that's pretty much a crapshoot, but they all came from a good vintage collection, so I'm looking forward to seeing them.

buler

I'll Lock Up
:jaw::faint2:

I don't know where you found these old westerns Scott, but they are absolutely INCREDIBLE!!!!:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap

I know where he found them and if I had any budget they would have been more $. But I'm glad I didn't drive the price up for Scott. Great hats.

B

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CLUless82