Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

carter

I'll Lock Up
Interesting

bolthead said:
I just snagged this Huckle for myself as an early B-day present. :D

Not everyone's cup of tea, but I hope it looks half as good as the pictures show.
My wife is gonna hate the hairy little thing. :eek:

And that's why you bought it? Hmmm...:rolleyes: ;) :)

GWD

One Too Many
Royal Stetson

I picked this one up last week on ebay, it appears to be new, I can't find any evidence of use. It doesn't have a name but it looks similar to a Playboy.

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

I'm a little perplexed as to the date of this hat. It looks to me like early '50s, Jimmy can you confirm? Obviously this hat was pre-creased at the factory

carter

I'll Lock Up
7 5/8 Portis

I finally won a Portis in my size. Let's hope it really is a 7 5/8.
81db_1.JPG
84c1_1.JPG

Description:
black beaver blend fedora hat size 7 5/8 Portis original box included box has some stains hat is in excellent condition no stains or moth bites inner band has XXX gold bond beaver Dick Wright Men's Wear Macon, Missouri

Gary, Looks like you won a nice one there!

jimmy the lid

I'll Lock Up
Absolutely fantastic score, GWD! Just fantastic. :eusa_clap:eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Hey -- does this look familiar...? ;)

51Wanderer.jpg

This ad dates from 1951, and features the Stetson Wanderer -- which essentially combines a Playboy-style crown ribbon with a thin bound edge. I think it's a killer look. I think your assessment of early 50's is right on the money.

Cheers,
JtL

GWD

One Too Many
jimmy the lid said:
Absolutely fantastic score, GWD! Just fantastic. :eusa_clap:eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Hey -- does this look familiar...? ;)

This ad dates from 1951, and features the Stetson Wanderer -- which essentially combines a Playboy-style crown ribbon with a thin bound edge. I think it's a killer look. I think your assessment of early 50's is right on the money.

Cheers,
JtL

It's very close, the picture on the auction showed the hat with a $10.00 price tag (which didn't make the trip) and mine is un-named but it could be a prototype.

UWS Cowboy

One of the Regulars
This is my first fedora. It's a stetson. I know, I know, it's not vintage, but I like it a lot. Picked it up at Bencraft Hatters by the way, what a great shop. The people there are really nice.
IMG_3633.jpg
[/IMG]
IMG_3634.jpg
[/IMG]

ScionPI2005

Call Me a Cab
UWS Cowboy said:
This is my first fedora. It's a stetson. I know, I know, it's not vintage, but I like it a lot. Picked it up at Bencraft Hatters by the way, what a great shop. The people there are really nice.
IMG_3633.jpg
[/IMG]

Nice hat, UWSCowboy, and welcome to the fedora club! That one is only the start. :eusa_clap

Stoney

Practically Family
bolthead said:
I just snagged this Huckle for myself as an early B-day present. :D

Not everyone's cup of tea, but I hope it looks half as good as the pictures show.
My wife is gonna hate the hairy little thing. :eek:

Bolt,

That is a very interesting looking hat. I love the finish, it reminds me of the Borsalino Peluce. Nice find.

randooch

I'll Lock Up
A cheap western, before and after

This hat had what i considered a fairly cheesy little faux snakeskin belt with tiny silver buckle, so I tried to class it up a bit with a sage green thin ribbon. Hope I did well, but man alive, I need to practice making a decent bow!

BEFORE

http://
100_0906.jpg

AFTER

http://
100_0908.jpg

And hey, GWD: I like that extra long bow on your new Royal
Carter, awesome Portis, and if it's a tad too tight, talk to me, a 7 3/8 - 7 1/2!

Subvet642

A-List Customer
The ribbon is a nice touch, well done! On my monitor, it reads as turquoise, but I'll bet the sage looks terrific. I have a black Woolrich of similar design with a thin leather band that i've never liked (the band, that is.). Could I get away with a wider ribbon? How wide, and what color would you recommend?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CLUless82