Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

caul

New in Town
@zetwal- thanks! I've been looking for a whippet for a while, one that was in good condition but wouldn't break the bank. I picked both of these up at vintage stores in Kansas City. The whippet was $45 and the Pilgrim was $22. Not a bad deal, I think.

Walt

One of the Regulars
@zetwal- thanks! I've been looking for a whippet for a while, one that was in good condition but wouldn't break the bank. I picked both of these up at vintage stores in Kansas City. The whippet was $45 and the Pilgrim was $22. Not a bad deal, I think.

Given how much they would have probably cost you on ebay I'd say not a bad deal. Still trying to be so lucky at one of my local stores.... Enjoy your finds.

The Wiser Hatter

I'll Lock Up
Good score caul. That would get the heart pumping.:) I am on vacation this coming week and will be making the rounds at vintage shops seeing what is up. Always looking to score a few good hats.

caul

New in Town
The whippet is interesting- it's stamped "whippet" on the sweatband, not on the liner. From what I've elsewhere on this forum, that means it was probably made and sold in Canada. The is a store name stamped on the sweatband, it's Owen Brothers in Maysville, Missouri, which is east of St. Joseph. So maybe not all whippets that are stamped only on the sweatband where made in Canada?

Terry "The Hat"

Practically Family
The whippet is interesting- it's stamped "whippet" on the sweatband, not on the liner. From what I've elsewhere on this forum, that means it was probably made and sold in Canada. The is a store name stamped on the sweatband, it's Owen Brothers in Maysville, Missouri, which is east of St. Joseph. So maybe not all whippets that are stamped only on the sweatband where made in Canada?

or Stetson shipped the Canadian hats out to other parts of the U.S. just like at their U.S. factory?

DudeInBlack

Familiar Face
Doubling my pleasure with a new Akubra Cattleman and a black Miller Milan.

Akubra Cattleman

G'day!

Black Miller Milan

This chapeau is a work of art. Perfect for stylin' in the So.Cal. heat. :cool:

I'll upload more pics in the respective Akubra and Milan threads.

--

HatsEnough

Banned
I have a Whippet that was sold in Illinois in the 40s and it also has "Whippet" stamped on the sweatband. It also has "Whippet" on the liner. So, I find this Canadian claim a bit suspect.

Rodkins

Call Me a Cab
Here is an Allan Stuart I bought a few days back in a BIN for about $20 shipped. It's very lightweight and comfortable. I can't really find any information on this one so help of any kind is appreciated.
bad4c11d.jpg

Allan Stuart of Harrisburg - non-reeded sweat
af5357bf.jpg

The back of the bow is frayed.
2f4de714.jpg

This hat reminds me of my playboy.

Rodkins

Call Me a Cab
Penney's Marathon
My "new" Marathon finally came in. This is a 7 3/8 long oval and fits me like a glove.
364e4818.jpg

I love the bow on this one...
a7993d8c.jpg

85b961f8.jpg

adfb80ca.jpg

Sam Craig

One Too Many
Mike,
My brother by another mother ...

I have a Marathon that is just about identical to that one, same bow, it even has the little paper tag in the front of the sweat.
I found mine at the Salvation Army and paid a few bucks for it last year.
I don't think it had ever been worn.

They really are great hats.
A tiny bit more brim would be nice, but they aren't bad and they go great with a sports coat and slacks.

I hope you like yours as much as I like mine,

Sam

Terry "The Hat"

Practically Family
I was bidding on a 7 1/2 Long Oval last week and was leading for 6 days and got snipped in the last minute. It was a great Marathon too. The ribbon treatment was a little different but the hat looked a lot like yours. I bought a beautiful Supreme Felt (Whippet Like) Marathon from a member here a couple of weeks ago and it is a beautiful hat with excellent felt. Very soft and comfortable. Like I said in a previous post. They were under rated.

Penney's Marathon
My "new" Marathon finally came in. This is a 7 3/8 long oval and fits me like a glove.
364e4818.jpg

I love the bow on this one...
a7993d8c.jpg

85b961f8.jpg

adfb80ca.jpg

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
Doubling my pleasure with a new Akubra Cattleman and a black Miller Milan.

Akubra Cattleman

G'day!

Black Miller Milan

This chapeau is a work of art. Perfect for stylin' in the So.Cal. heat. :cool:

I'll upload more pics in the respective Akubra and Milan threads.

--

Great Milan! Does it conform to your head shape like they say it does?

Rodkins

Call Me a Cab
Nice hats Mike!
Thanks Alex :)
I was bidding on a 7 1/2 Long Oval last week and was leading for 6 days and got snipped in the last minute. It was a great Marathon too. The ribbon treatment was a little different but the hat looked a lot like yours. I bought a beautiful Supreme Felt (Whippet Like) Marathon from a member here a couple of weeks ago and it is a beautiful hat with excellent felt. Very soft and comfortable. Like I said in a previous post. They were under rated.
I agree - I have a few and they are great hats.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe