Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

randooch

I'll Lock Up
it only took a year but i think it would do Ostrovsky proud....
hats001.jpg

Very nice pairing there.

Kkaderly

One of the Regulars
Very nice indeed. The Frank H. Lee Company made nice hats (Lee and Disney to name but two).

It's hard to judge, but from the price and the oil skin tip I'd say late 40's, maybe early 50's. It is just a guess though!

Thanks Billyspew ..... That is what I thought on the date .. mainly due to the price tag ... what do you mean by "oil skin tip"???

Kk

delectans

Call Me a Cab

Very nice Lee Black Label Homburg. I would agree with billyspew on the 40's to 50's date estimate based upon sweat and liner details. The 'oil-skin tip' he referred to, also known as 'onion-skin', is the translucent cellophane type material protecting the liner tip from soiling, commonly found on hats from the era.

Consider adding your hat photos to The Lee Lounge for additional reference.

Last edited:

Kkaderly

One of the Regulars
Very nice Lee Black Label Homburg. I would agree with billyspew on the 40's to 50's date estimate based upon sweat and liner details. The 'oil-skin tip' he referred to, also known as 'onion-skin', is the translucent cellophane type material protecting the liner tip from soiling, commonly found on many hats from the era.

Consider adding your hat photos to The Lee Lounge for additional reference.

Great Idea .. thanks!

rlk

I'll Lock Up
Stetson 130 Years 100X

5741621628_4780dda2f1_b.jpg

5741070741_593bf87933_z.jpg
5741619940_2739e1dc45_z.jpg

Fairly light medium weight felt with fantastic finish but quite stiff(not up to today's helmet standard though). Full 2" thin soft sweatband with 65 X's for the 1865-1995 Anniversary. Tasteful silver Bohlin small buckle on the felt band. Stevens/Stetson finest of the 90's.

Sans Witt

New in Town
the hat was from Baron's, they gave me the run around for about a year of when my hat would be complete. I wont be buying one there any time soon. But what they did make me was perfect to sit next to that painting.

DJH

I'll Lock Up
the hat was from Baron's, they gave me the run around for about a year of when my hat would be complete. I wont be buying one there any time soon. But what they did make me was perfect to sit next to that painting.

Worth the aggravation though - your display is outstanding. What a great conversation piece!
Also got me to check out Ostrovsky's work which I've never paid attention to before. I have Bridge Over Troubled Water as the wallpaper on one of my computers now.

Part of a recent haul from a local vintage clothing shop. Probably German, looks 30's-ish, to me at least. A fair bit of mothing, but still quite wearable - for the right person! At 55cm, it's a bit too small for me, alas.....:(

More details in German and Austrian hats thread.

Rob, Again fantastic find!

Snyder's Genuine Velour
5741346100_6c0fc150ac_b.jpg

Robert, Beautiful! The Velour finish looks great. Were you able to dig up anything on Synder?

Wojo

Familiar Face
Mr Badger, thanks for mentioning Mister Hats. I have been looking for a Borsalino Panama porkpie in a size 8". Good luck right. Well I called down there and they had one and it is on its way to my head.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe