Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Playboy in name only!

“Stetson Playboy is the most popular of over 200 smart Stetson styles. It’s Extra-Light…can be creased and worn as you like it…over 30 attractive shades add the finishing touch to your outfit…from slacks to dinner jacket!” (From advert.. Saturday Evening Post, 1949. )

IMG_5312.JPG

I would like to share with you my 2 Royal Stetson Playboys. Light brown with matching ribbon (kahki color) and taupe with an olive green ribbon. Walking in the 50' morning weather with the Playboy is a close "best" companion to my 2 Port.Water Dogs. It feels airy on the head, the band conforms after a few moments of walking, and the hat creases without ny effort. I think the crease and it happens. Man they wear well!

For my purposes the 2 colors are excellent.

Thanks for taking the time to share my Playboys. Feeling well hatted this morning, Eric -

ÉIREGOBRÁCH1922

New in Town
“Stetson Playboy is the most popular of over 200 smart Stetson styles. It’s Extra-Light…can be creased and worn as you like it…over 30 attractive shades add the finishing touch to your outfit…from slacks to dinner jacket!” (From advert.. Saturday Evening Post, 1949. )

IMG_5312.JPG

I would like to share with you my 2 Royal Stetson Playboys. Light brown with matching ribbon (kahki color) and taupe with an olive green ribbon. Walking in the 50' morning weather with the Playboy is a close "best" companion to my 2 Port.Water Dogs. It feels airy on the head, the band conforms after a few moments of walking, and the hat creases without ny effort. I think the crease and it happens. Man they wear well!

For my purposes the 2 colors are excellent.

Thanks for taking the time to share my Playboys. Feeling well hatted this morning, Eric -

Great looking hats.

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Thanks for taking time to share a gander at the "boys."

The moniker "Playboy" always conjures up the forbidden for me. When folks ask about the hat I usually introduce them as vintage 40's-50's Royal Stetson. I avoid any erroneous impressions by carefully choosing my words. My mother asked if the hat was done to show honor to Hugh Heffner. Happily I could provide a pleasing answer.

Only saying the name Playboy in the privacy of my own study, Eric -

Last edited:

Jauntyone

Practically Family
Just back from a visit with family in the U.S. I've got two new Vintage Silhouettes beauties to brag about. First a dove grey Whippet-style fedora with a 2 5/8" brim:
IMG_8367.jpg

IMG_8368.jpg

IMG_8369.jpg

And a really nice milan which I'm looking forward to wearing when it warms up here:
IMG_8371.jpg

IMG_8370.jpg

IMG_8372.jpg

Thanks Art!

Kkaderly

One of the Regulars
My picked this up at a flea market for a song!!! Not super old 60's probably but of good quality looks like it was never worn! My first Dobbs and the first stingy that looks ok on me!

6f39350f.jpg

7a9c1be5.jpg

Ordinary Guy

One Too Many
My picked this up at a flea market for a song!!! Not super old 60's probably but of good quality looks like it was never worn! My first Dobbs and the first stingy that looks ok on me!

6f39350f.jpg

7a9c1be5.jpg

Looking at your avatar and then the pic , you are right, you do look good in the stingy too.... You can carry both well IMHO..... congrats

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe