Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

DickWhitmanMM

New in Town
MIB vintage '50s Lee "Corral" fedora 7 1/8

leehat.jpg
Just picked this up today, then realized it's too small for me. If anyone HAS to have this or has been looking for one, I'm willing to trade (app. 7 1/2 - 7 5/8)

ScionPI2005

Call Me a Cab
I posted this one in the "Milan Mania" thread, but I figured I would post it here as well. This is a vintage 1950's Dobbs milan I just got. I really like the colors on this one, and I think it complements me well. And there's still plenty of time to enjoy it this summer.

DobbsMilan_3.jpg

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
I've had the most amazing week for so many reasons. Today was no exception. After receiving the $20 for the Bill's Khakis that I had up in the Classifieds, my wife and I went out to the local, giant, 500 vendor Medina Antique Mall. For the many times we've been there, we've bought very little. Most things are overpriced and others are just in terrible condition. There are very few hats to even look at, much less buy, and they're generally in the 6 7/8-7 1/4 range.

Today, however, I found a gray, buttery soft Borsalino in fantastic condition for $22! It's not floppy like my beater, just very soft with a lot of snap to the brim. It's got a 6" crown, 2 3/4" brim and, unless the stitches are hiding under that thick knap, a cav (mode, guild, whatever) edge. Without even checking the size, I found that it fit me perfectly. It is, however, a 7 3/4, but someone had apparently pre-padded it just for me. Pics will go up tomorrow, but I just had to write about it today. :)

Super Chief

New in Town
Will someone please assist with ID and authenticity?

Foremost, allow me to thank you in advance for your time and patience. Thank You. I was out in California with my job working for the Army and in a bout of weakness purchased this Borsalino. I purchased it from Titanic Boutique on Venice Beach. I really like it but can't find a person that can tell me if it's a real Borsalino. I paid $220 for the hat- and outside of my former military gear, it's the most expensive item to top my noodle in a very long time.

The pictures are posted on my website.

http://www.militarysportsman.com/images/218_Borsalino_hat.jpg

Thanks again for your assistance.

Jim

Art Fawcett

Sponsoring Affiliate
Welcome to the Lounge Super Chief!!

I don't recognize this as a Borso, but that doesn't mean much as I only am versed on older ones. When you get 15 posts I suggest you PM "Besdor" on the Lounge . He is the largest Borsalino dealer in the country and stays on top of everything so he would most likely know.

Enjoy

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
I'm a sucker for a good vintage fuzzy felt (new fuzzy ones do nothing for me- different look, different texture- too pimp-y), and this one's an interesting green, not to mention it's the wonderful early western style with the curl on the brim. Look at the height of that crown, too.

The others (similar other than color) that this seller had went way out of my price range. I wonder why this one stayed reasonable?

greenhat4.jpg

greenhat1.jpg

greenhat7.jpg

greenhat6.jpg

greenhat5.jpg

Super Chief

New in Town
Art Fawcett said:
Welcome to the Lounge Super Chief!!

I don't recognize this as a Borso, but that doesn't mean much as I only am versed on older ones. When you get 15 posts I suggest you PM "Besdor" on the Lounge . He is the largest Borsalino dealer in the country and stays on top of everything so he would most likely know.

Enjoy
Thank you...It's a start!
V/r
Jim

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe