Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

rlk

I'll Lock Up
pure mink hat

5269263923_45db3b0a06.jpg
5269280057_115a2f8a82.jpg

sorry, little light available.

Last edited:
Lovely mink hat... the scale of it is great on you. I had one custom made in the Ukraine some years back. It's massive. If you don't keep your head straight you could pull a neck muscle.

I've been visiting my daughter in college in Evanston. One needs a fur hat there... even more than in Buffalo!

rlk

I'll Lock Up
Lovely mink hat... the scale of it is great on you. I had one custom made in the Ukraine some years back. It's massive. If you don't keep your head straight you could pull a neck muscle.

I've been visiting my daughter in college in Evanston. One needs a fur hat there... even more than in Buffalo!

Thanks. Its been mostly in the teens for the last two weeks--unusually cold for this early.

Passed a small antique store with vintage clothes in the window. There was one mens hat... marked Italian, but it was a very nice Tonak (Czech) in a soft velour felt. Size 57, 2" brim and very reasonable. So I took it home with me.

tonak1.jpg

tonak2.jpg

tonak3.jpg

Chinaski

One Too Many
Passed a small antique store with vintage clothes in the window. There was one mens hat... marked Italian, but it was a very nice Tonak (Czech) in a soft velour felt. Size 57, 2" brim and very reasonable. So I took it home with me.

tonak3.jpg

Yep, just ambling along, "Say, that's not a bad hat!" Purchase made. You've got the fever, Alan. Nice lid!

buler

I'll Lock Up
The Hat with No Name

This one is a bit of a puzzler. Its a No Name Hat company, Olympic Quality, model Courier in black. The size/union tag would indicate at least a 1934 or newer date but the "No Name Hat Co" that was related to Stetson was ended in mid/late 20's. Anyway, here are the pics. Hagers in Lancaster was around from 1827 to at least 1967 (so no help with dating there).

B

noname_1.jpg

noname_2.jpg

noname_3.jpg

noname_4.jpg

noname_5.jpg

noname_6.jpg

noname_7.jpg

noname_8.jpg

rlk

I'll Lock Up
This one is a bit of a puzzler. Its a No Name Hat company, Olympic Quality, model Courier in black. The size/union tag would indicate at least a 1934 or newer date but the "No Name Hat Co" that was related to Stetson was ended in mid/late 20's. Anyway, here are the pics. Hagers in Lancaster was around from 1827 to at least 1967 (so no help with dating there).

B

I saw that too, Sure looks like an early 60's hat.

tonak2.jpg

Super find! TONAK was J. Hückel´s Söhne (started in 1799) up to the end of WWII. JHS was nationalized as TONAK after WWII. In my opinion JHS produced finest Austrian Velour finishes.

As you can see TONAK used the same logo design and just changed the name to TONAK.

3723821086_44fb0d2788_b.jpg

I am thinking this one is pretty soon after the take over. The Hückel family (they were German and not Czech) ended up in Weilheim Bavaria where they started a hat factory. There is more info at this link.

http://germanaustrianhats.invisionzone.com/index.php?/topic/6-johann-huckel%c2%b4s-sohne-huckel-hutfabrik-weilheim/

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe