Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

AlanC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Thrifted this for $2 yesterday. I don't think it's ever been worn. It will make a nice summer beater.

img3288xl.jpg

img3290t.jpg

img32920.jpg

buler

I'll Lock Up
Stetson 3X mid ribbon

Really like the color combination and mid-size ribbon on this one. Stetson 3X Beaver, no reorder tags. Raw brim, thick stiffer felt and a crown sticker with the peel off cover still on it. Felt color has a greenish hue in the photos but is really more of a camel color.

B

stetson_3x_2.jpg

stetson_3x_4.jpg

stetson_3x_8.jpg

stetson_3x_9.jpg

Peschel Velour

Peschel Velour, Size 58, late 50s early 60s.

I got this one for about $10.00. Looked like a wreck but I knew it was a nice wider brim Velour.

5234494234_a600b3cc4a_b.jpg

5233905859_5ca89087a3_b.jpg

5234488950_77521f7eb4_b.jpg

Original auction photo.

5233923505_f16fdfbccc_b.jpg

Wow, nice job straightening it out. Thats how I like 'em - not perfect, but in good shape.

Thanks! :) I took a chance and I think it paid off.

Hi Steve, beauty hat, I am amazed with all your picks, do You fix all the hats you get?

Thanks! :) I usually have to do some work on them but this one was extreme. It really needs a re-block but I will just keep it as is.

Alan, Thanks! :)

Received this Churchill Ltd. sold through Neiman-Marcus... first cowboy hat for this city slicker. A nice deep color that seems to mutate towards mustard in photos... I'd call it kasha, but a cowboy would probably prefer tobacco. Weighs about 6 ounces, comfortably light on my head.

jewish_cowboy.jpg

churchill_out.jpg

churchill_in.jpg

DRB

One Too Many
Very nice Alan

Steve, I think dollar for dollar, you really got a great deal on that hat. It looks great.

Rodkins

Call Me a Cab
Yesterday I picked this Champ up at a vintage clothing store here in Orlando:
50182213.jpg

4521b4fc.jpg

Interesting brim curl and pin. I forgot to get a shot of the inside. The sweat band and liner are in almost new condition. The liner is gold and the sweat says Kasmir finish and Champ - Feel the Felt. It's a cool hat but I don't think I will be able to stretch it from 7 1/4 to 7 3/8 without really changing up the brim - it really distorts when I stretch it just putting it on. I'll play with it for a bit.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe