Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

billyspew

One Too Many

If you want to post the picture "in-line" take the &evt=user_media_share off the end and use the button to the right of insert link or wrap in
tags

Jedwbpm

One Too Many
Just won this Reistol Straw on Ebay it's old school and in great shape.
Restonfront.jpg

Restonside.jpg

Restfront.jpg

Restback.jpg

Restside.jpg

Restband.jpg

The best part is that it is identical to one that I had in college back in 1984 the band is even almost the same. The old one has the Truck bend so that you could wear it in a pickup and not have the back smack the back window. I loved that hat but as all straws they die at some point if worn enough.
MeandBart.jpg

So what do ya think

Jeff

Dasmoeturhead

Familiar Face
Just won this Reistol Straw on Ebay it's old school and in great shape.
Restonfront.jpg

Restonside.jpg

Restfront.jpg

Restback.jpg

Restside.jpg

Restband.jpg

The best part is that it is identical to one that I had in college back in 1984 the band is even almost the same. The old one has the Truck bend so that you could wear it in a pickup and not have the back smack the back window. I loved that hat but as all straws they die at some point if worn enough.
MeandBart.jpg

So what do ya think

Jeff

Looks like you stepped back in time to 1981. Urban Cowboy. It even has the Gilley Monsters on it. That's what we used to call the feathers and stuff on urban cowboy's hats. Enjoy!

MarkD

One of the Regulars
My Mid Brown Campdraft arrived today!:D:D:D I will post pictures of course but you will all have to wait. Right now it is on my noggin after the mandatory Akubra soaking so it will comform perfectly to my head. My diamond bash is setting in while I wait. Life is good!:)

azshawn

Familiar Face
I made two very lucky local Antique Mall finds today. The first one was this size 7 3/8 felted edge Disney Fifteen plus original box with Courier and Ives scenes. The condition is very good and from a local DC retailer. The wide horizontal striped box ribbon is really nice. More details in the Disney Diner thread.

4905217469_f67f0da378_b.jpg

Lucky!! Thats a beautiful hat! I love everything about it. All I find at antique malls are Knox and Mallory hats that look like they got run over, and they are always priced as if pristine. I'm not giving up the search though.

lostinperiphery

Familiar Face
my third and nicest dobbs... a dobbs forty

The color is a deep, richly warm brown, and the ribbon has hints of marroon to it. Its really quite stunning! I'm still playing with rough creases, trying to decide what I like best before steaming it in.

What was a very neat surprise, when I received the hat, I noticed that it was originally sold from Davidson's of Roanoke VA... It just so happens that I had my tuxedo fitted here 5-6 years ago for a formal college dance with my girlfriend-now-wife :)

I lack the knowledge to accurate date that hat, other than the taller/squarer crowns such as these were more popular in the 40's... I'd love to hear what the experts have to say!

DSC_6452.jpg

DSC_6454.jpg

DSC_6469.jpg

DSC_6465.jpg

DSC_6463.jpg

Johnny J

Call Me a Cab
I just got this one in yesterday from ebay. The seller thinks its from the 1930's, so can anyone verify that please? It came with the open crown, never been creased with its original box. Crown is approx. 5 3/8" open, and brim is 2 3/4" wide with 1/8" binding, ribbon is 3/8". Very clean inside and out. Looks like NOS, never been worn. I have never had a hat this style so can you guys tell me if I bashed it right? Thanks.
DSC02943.jpg

DSC02950.jpg

DSC02948.jpg

DSC02951.jpg

DSC02952.jpg

DSC02944.jpg

DSC02946.jpg

DSC02945.jpg

DSC02947.jpg

DSC02954.jpg

SteveAS

Practically Family
The shape looks great, but it's much newer than the 1930s. With that size tag, I'd think 1960s or 1970s, but I'm sure more experienced members of the board can narrow that further.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe