Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Tom-n-Perris

Vendor
My new Montecristi Panama Hat from Panama Bob and Blocked by Art. :D

DSCF2234.jpg

DSCF2233.jpg

DSCF2232.jpg

ADHD librarian

One of the Regulars
Spent $10 today on another op-shop special.
An Akubra Flemington in Graphite Grey. It's bent out of shape, the band is missing, it's a fraction tight on me and due to dust and dirt I am not 100% sure on the colour (it could be a very faded navy) but I think I can make it into a nice hat.

I'll go for a grosgrain double bow, rather than get a replacment leather band for it. Don't know what colour yet (depends what colour the hat is when it gets a clean up).
That and a rebash should be all it needs. Oh, an a slight stretch which I should get just by ramming it on my head for a day or two as it is a 58, whereas I usually buy a 59 and have to shrink the band a little.

Pictures to follow...

kaosharper1

One Too Many
Christy Adventurer

Two Gun Bob said:
Just a few days ago while wandering the boards over at COW for the first time, I came across a thread about the 'Adventurer', a genuine fur felt fedora made for the English firm Christys.

The rabbit fur felt of this hat is far thinner than the stiff wool of the DP, and I understand it's also thinner and floppier than some other popular hats like the Akubras. The brim nonetheless snaps down nicely. The hat is supplied open crown with a strongly flanged brim. This is not a heavy-duty hat like the Akubras but will certainly serve me well until I can raid a few gold coins for something more top of the line!

Two Gun: Would you say this lighter felt might be good in warmer weather than an Akubra? Having just moved to Southern California from Massachusetts I thought that my hat wearing pattern would change a little and maybe I should get some lighter felts.

BobC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
GWD said:
web.jpg

I noticed that this ribbon is a little different than most other strats I've found here.

That's a beauty, GWD. I'm amazed at how you manage to find these treasures. It's probably a good thing that I don't find them.

HarpPlayerGene

I'll Lock Up
Dinerman said:
This is on its way.

480d_1.jpg

This looks like a cool project - what are your plans for it?

I've been picking up a few that need attention lately and having fun cleaning, resizing, making ribbons or bands, etc. And some I just like as beaters with lots of character. Got a couple coming that may be able to turn into Clint Eastwood flat brim westerns with a little luck...

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
HarpPlayerGene said:
This looks like a cool project - what are your plans for it?
Steam it back into shape, wear it as is. It's not every day you run across a western that's that old. I'm not going to change a thing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe