Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Blackthorn

I'll Lock Up
my new Biltmore Rosellini

IMG_5860.jpg

swinggal

One Too Many
Not sure if the ladies are supposed to post here but I just scored this mid 30s burgundy felt beauty. I've been trying to find a vintage slouched fedora-style hat that I liked for years. I love the way they looked on Garbo and Crawford back in the day - very sultry, and I think tilted styles suit my face. Best of all...it was $14 bucks!

Don't know the maker as yet but will find out when it arrives at take some pics. Anyhoo...

fedora.jpg

fedora-4.jpg

fedora-3.jpg

fedora-2.jpg

Joshbru3

I'll Lock Up
swinggal said:
Not sure if the ladies are supposed to post here but I just scored this mid 30s burgundy felt beauty. I've been trying to find a vintage slouched fedora-style hat that I liked for years. I love the way they looked on Garbo and Crawford back in the day - very sultry, and I think tilted styles suit my face. Best of all...it was $14 bucks!

Don't know the maker as yet but will find out when it arrives at take some pics. Anyhoo...

fedora.jpg

Thats a beautiful hat swinggal, im sure it will look wonderful on you. Please do post pics when you get it.

danofarlington

My Mail is Forwarded Here
swinggal said:

fedora.jpg

fedora-4.jpg

fedora-3.jpg

fedora-2.jpg
That looks great! I wish I would see women around where I live daring to try those. There are a lot of good looks that could be copped by women with vintage hats. That may be the best or one of the best I've seen.

swinggal

One Too Many
Well, we have a thread in the Powder Room about ladies vintage hats, and many of us wear them. I sport berets a lot with modern and vintage hair (especially in winter) and other tilt styles for diff types of occasions. The more elaborate vintage hats don't look right without the hairstyles of the era and many were developed to suit particular hair sets - so I save them for when I dress vintage. They just look odd otherwise.

You guys are lucky! You can just slap on a great looking Fedora and not have to worry so much about hair.

I will take a few pics of it on Josh.

bendingoak

Vendor
Here a Borsalino I picked up. It need a lot of work. Needed to be clean, replaced sweatband and liner. I had to some work with the ribbon as well but I feel I got her back to her glory ounce again. I have been wearing it ever since
I got her fixed up.

DSC_3764.jpg

DSC_3771.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe