Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

DOUGLAS

My Mail is Forwarded Here
mayserwegener said:
This 1930s or older gray Hückel Superior Crystall Velour arrived today. It is only a size 54cm but the gray velour finish is beyond description. This velour is a higher grade than my black Hückel Seal Velour and similar to my black Hückel Sigma Velour. This one came from the same seller as Mario's G. J. M. Velour which is an amazing one - two punch. The overall quality is fantastic and it is in super condition. More details in the German - Austrian thread.

4710377722_9fa5dfe698_b.jpg

4709737227_ae1188772d_b.jpg

4709737335_765b50fce6_b.jpg

Oh my! That is one of the most beautiful hats I have seen in quite a while. Gorgeous just gorgeous:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

bendingoak

Vendor
Brad Bowers said:
Actually, I'm not even going by the sweatband, as it's irrelevant in this case. The liner tells us just about everything we need to know. The tags under the sweatband might be able to tell us if it's late'-40s or if it's definitely '50s, depending on the style.

Brad

Let me be clear. I'm not doubting you and one of my replies was not directed to you. Part of me was just a little shocked to read how sure you were without having the hat in hand. The most important thing is I love this hat and I'm shocked to see that no one wore this thing.

I'll have another hat to pass by everyone.

buler

I'll Lock Up
Borsos....

Got this in the mail:

borso_box.jpg

Contained this:

borsos_1.jpg

After a little steaming on a block and flange (Como, Alessandria):

borsos_9.jpg

CRH

Call Me a Cab
rlk said:
[IMG]http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4071/4712443929_598ed8a0bb_b.jpg
Paul B. Hendel Co. Tissue thin 2-1/4" leather sweatband. Jumbo Western Homburg.

That lid really needs some fuzzy chaps.

LZBAF00Z.jpg

ScottF

Call Me a Cab
Redwoodjedi said:
Nice Dobbs ND! :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap But as I understand it, as you begin to wear the hat with some regularity in your rotation, the sweat will soak into the leather sweatband and eventually shrink it. This has happened without fail on all my fedoras or hats with a leather sweatband. I highly recommend springing for two or three hat jacks to keep them stretched when not in use. They are pretty inexpensive and simple to use and I have found them to be invaluable.

Hope that helps sir!

RJ

I have never had this experience. When my sweatband gets sweaty, I wipe it off, and if it starts to crack (only one has ever done this), I apply some Lexol.

ScottF

Call Me a Cab
rlk said:
mayserwegener said:
This 1930s or older gray Hückel Superior Crystall Velour arrived today. It is only a size 54cm but the gray velour finish is beyond description. This velour is a higher grade than my black Hückel Seal Velour and similar to my black Hückel Sigma Velour. This one came from the same seller as Mario's G. J. M. Velour which is an amazing one - two punch. The overall quality is fantastic and it is in super condition. More details in the German - Austrian thread.

4710377722_9fa5dfe698_b.jpg

Drool-worthy Velour!!:eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Wow! I could run Belltown with a lid like that.

Redwoodjedi

One of the Regulars
I bet it has something to do with...

ScottF said:
I have never had this experience. When my sweatband gets sweaty, I wipe it off, and if it starts to crack (only one has ever done this), I apply some Lexol.

...the very humid environs in which I live. It is a virtual rainforest here in the Giant Coastal Redwoods of Humboldt County Northern California. Very rarely is the humidity below 70%. Thank goodness that the temp is rarely as well above 70 degrees Fahrenheit.

ScottF

Call Me a Cab
Redwoodjedi said:
...the very humid environs in which I live. It is a virtual rainforest here in the Giant Coastal Redwoods of Humboldt County Northern California. Very rarely is the humidity below 70%. Thank goodness that the temp is rarely as well above 70 degrees Fahrenheit.

I'm signed up for the Humboldt marathon in October - looking forward to finally seeing that part of the country.

Redwoodjedi

One of the Regulars
Well who knows?

ScottF said:
I'm signed up for the Humboldt marathon in October - looking forward to finally seeing that part of the country.

We may hook up! I no longer run as 30 years of doing it has taken its toll on my knees, but I do know where all of the best beer is! I always enjoyed a good brew after a race and Humboldt is the land of Micro Breweries. There are at least 7 or 8 here and all top notch with decent pub grub to boot.

Good luck on the Marathon. Arguably the prettiest one there is. Too bad it's not a qualifier.:(

ScottF

Call Me a Cab
Redwoodjedi said:
We may hook up! I no longer run as 30 years of doing it has taken its toll on my knees, but I do know where all of the best beer is! I always enjoyed a good brew after a race and Humboldt is the land of Micro Breweries. There are at least 7 or 8 here and all top notch with decent pub grub to boot.

Good luck on the Marathon. Arguably the prettiest one there is. Too bad it's not a qualifier.:(

Not a qualifier for 'what'?

"The marathon, half marathon, & 5K are certified and sanctioned. In 2004, the marathon & half marathon were recertified by Ken Young, a USATF/RRTC National Certifier. The 5K was measured and certified in 2005 by Ken Young. The marathon is a qualifying event for the Boston Marathon."

Redwoodjedi

One of the Regulars
Beautiful!!!!

DRB said:
My first Art Fawcett custom hat arrived today. More in the Art Fawcett postings http://www.thefedoralounge.com/showthread.php?p=1029852&posted=1#post1029852

VSWhiskeyownedbyDRBJune1920101513.jpg
:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap
That is one of the nicest hats in my taste range I have ever seen. Perfect for a Country Gent such as myself. I may have to give art a call sometime. He is an amazing artist. I hope that your new lid gives you as much pleasure wearin' it as it does me lookin' at it!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe