Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

scottyrocks

I'll Lock Up
Here's my new-to-me Tawny Fawn standard Fed IV. Got it today from Not Bogart. Ive already reshaped it. It had a low crown, loose pinch and c-crown. Now it has a higher front, tight pinch, and center dent, like my brown F4. Thanks, man, I love it.

0514001924.jpg

0514001924a.jpg

Joshbru3

I'll Lock Up
Today I got my Vintage Dunlap from ebay. I own a couple of stingys and ive really been getting into the bigger brimmed hats, but when I saw this one, I knew I had to have it. It kind of reminds me of a mini whippet. The fur felt is EXTREAMLY soft and high quality. In case you guys cant tell from the photos, the hat is absolutely MINT, except for the fact that the silk liner is no longer with the hat. I know that there was one at one time because underneath the sweat band, you can see the tape when the liner was attached too. The flash made the hat look charcoal colored, but it is actually pitch black. Everything about the hat is high quality. The stiching, the ribbon, the ribbon edge, the softness of the fur felt. Its my favorite black hat. Heres some pics, Enjoy:

DSC03236.jpg

DSC03232.jpg

DSC03231.jpg

DSC03239.jpg

DSC03241.jpg

DSC03250.jpg

DSC03247.jpg

DSC03249.jpg

Stoneface

New in Town
6ophf8.jpg

332ul4h.jpg

2z5jihe.jpg

1175rbp.jpg

A synthetic felt Fedora by Royal bought at a local hatshop for 98 Euros.
Size is 58 and it fits like it`s stapled to my head - no fear of strong winds.

The color fits perfect to my suit (and shoes) as you can see in the first picture.
The other pics are not true to color - my cam is slightly outdated. :(

Under the sweatband is a printed paper label with german abbrevations for the item number,color and yarn.

Anyone a guess about Royal?

danofarlington

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Mr E Train said:
A Capas Panama straw "boater" that I took the red-blue guard's band off of and added a black pleated puggaree. I call it "The Boaterma." More in Boater Faction.

boatama7.jpg
Not bad. Goes well with the shirt. A hat like that seems suitable for casual or dressy clothes.

Stoneface

New in Town
The hat that started it all:

352rr7m.jpg

Mayser, The Young Indiana Jones Chronicles official Fedora, wool version, rollable, size L.

Exactly the same as a regular Mayser Fedora (the thicker ones) except of a small IJ brass lettering attached to the knot of the liner.
I was able to get it online for just 50 Euros (comparable Mayser is ~90 Euros) and if I can get the other IJ hats for a similar small price I will buy them too (except the straw one).

This will be my hat for the warm season while my new Royal is good for cold weather.

ngy1jr.jpg

Scippis Byron, leather, rollable, size XL, 63 Euro.

My hat for spring to late summer, so I don´t care that my conehead isn`t so suited for a low crown and flat top.
Protects from rain and from turning into a redneck. :D

Although I got it just for three weeks a sweat spot is already coming through the top - guess it`s time for a first waxing. :mad:

The removable hatband will be decorated soon with some australian pins (XXXX and Fosters beer and some roos) but in the long run I will try for a custom leather hatband with conchos made from five Aussies:

1234846521Kok6OH.jpg

There are some nice Stetsons but no one wears an australian cowboy hat here.

Stoneface

New in Town
This were the first caps I wore that were no baseball cap style:

All caps are from C&A clothing stores and were made for C&A

122yjdk.jpg

Size 59, 100% virgin wool, Purely English Fabrics, 17 Euro.

wqshza.jpg

Size 59, wool and synthetic, same cut as the brown one, 17 Euro.

24ovkhs.jpg

And you can extend both by openening the push button at the visor.
Very useful if you are bald and it`s getting cold in the evening.

The grey one is also my working cap and you can`t imagine how much attention you get with this cap in a handling centre - especially if you unfold it. :D

And my new working flatcap for the warm season:

eagsol.jpg

It looks and feels like leather but it`s a very light and thin fabric made from 100% polyester.
Size 59, 12 Euro.

Since I sheared off all my long hair I don´t wear baseball caps anymore because having short or none hair and wearing baseball caps isn´t something special.

Joshbru3

I'll Lock Up
MY FIRST BORSO!!!! And totally by accident too.

So im very excited today. There is a small antique shop in my neighborhood where I usually frequent to buy little things for my apartment. I was looking for a vintage dining room table and chair set today. They do have some big pieces of furniture sometimes. I have already bought two hats this month, and I though I was done buying for a while, when suddenly, this gorgeous hat caught my eye. When I first saw the hat on a stand in the store, I thought it might just be a crumby manufacter, but when I flipped the hat over, a gold stamp poked right out and said, "Borsalino." I tried it on, and it actually fit. The hat is a 7 1/8 and I am usually a 7, but for some reason this hat fit perfect. When I asked the owner how much she wanted for it, she told me $28 plus tax. I bought the hat instantly. I never looked for a Borso on ebay because they are often pretty expensive, but for that price I couldnt pass it up.

The hat is honestly perfect. The felt is by far the softest felt I have ever felt and could pass for velvet or velour. The quality of the hat is just awesome. Because of the camera flash, the hat looks light brown, but is actually a very very very deep brown, almost black. It came from marshall fields mens store when it was new, which is very exciting being a chicagan. I would guess that it came from the historic Marshall Fields on state street due to the fact that the hat was probably very expensive when it was new. Can any of you date the hat? Here are some pictures, enjoy.

DSC03252.jpg

DSC03253.jpg

DSC03254.jpg

DSC03256.jpg

DSC03269.jpg

DSC03258.jpg

DSC03261.jpg

DSC03262.jpg

DSC03263.jpg

DSC03271.jpg

Mayser Fedora - Homburg

Here is another one of these Fedora - Homburg hybrids. Mayser, size 59cm, probably early 1960s. Very nice hat with stitched liner for under $20.00 including shipping.

4612079778_338daa1f8e_b.jpg

4611468857_1f9d7ccaf1_b.jpg

4611470117_5afcbc276a_b.jpg

4611470007_eb17a894f1_b.jpg

4611469209_0fc77557a1_b.jpg

Blooze

Familiar Face
2nd and 3rd hats

Got these two at the Hatco Outlet on Sat. I bought a Stetson Retro straw a couple of weeks ago and was in Dallas on business when I thought I'd look. They're not in the best shape, the Dobb's has a color difference near the band on the front that I didn't really notice till I got it out in the light. No biggie for my first two though.

Dobb's Dayton in Cordova
4616693795_56034e8301_o.jpg

Stetson Gary in Graphite
4617306810_0a56d4cc0b_o.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe