Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

rlk

I'll Lock Up
Stetson Special Heather

4486712035_517ebc4cda_o.jpg

4486748793_8de0c1f2bf_b.jpg
4486748529_1bf266c928.jpg
4486748133_7b59d3cefd.jpg

Thin soft sweatband full 2" wide. Gray flannel texture and color. 2-1/2" overwelt brim with 3 rows of stitching and definite up-brim flanging.

Mario

I'll Lock Up
Robert...with all those hats flooding in every week, you must by now already have one of the largest collections here on the Lounge. Would you dare to estimate just how large it actually is, or better still: do you have precise information?

Ah, lest I forget: great Stetson! :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

rlk

I'll Lock Up
Mario said:
Robert...with all those hats flooding in every week, you must by now already have one of the largest collection her on the Lounge. Would you dare to estimate just how large it actually is, or better still: do you have precise information?

Ah, lest I forget: great Stetson! :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap
Thanks Mario. I'm beginning to drown in hats. More than 100 ...

ScottF

Call Me a Cab
rlk said:
4486748133_7b59d3cefd.jpg

Thin soft sweatband full 2" wide. Gray flannel texture and color. 2-1/2" overwelt brim with 3 rows of stitching and definite up-brim flanging.

Very nice. Very unmotivated and mysterious seller - I contacted her right after she listed it, saying I was very interested but that the price was too high. She said on two separate occasions that she would lower it, but didn't, and I couldn't get a price out of her...so I finally removed it from my watch-list.

Turns out you got it at a very good price, and it's much nicer and older than I would have expected - I figured it was one of the 2nd generation ones from the '50s, but this looks like a very solid example from the '30s. Nice pick-up!

(and thanks for saving me from another hat purchase :p )

Mikey P

One of the Regulars
rlk said:
Thanks Mario. I'm beginning to drown in hats. More than 100 ...

You know, if it will help, you can send some of those hats my way. Mind you, I'd be willing to take them just to help you out, but that's the kind of guy I am.

:D

rlk

I'll Lock Up
ScottF said:
Very nice. Very unmotivated and mysterious seller - I contacted her right after she listed it, saying I was very interested but that the price was too high. She said on two separate occasions that she would lower it, but didn't, and I couldn't get a price out of her...so I finally removed it from my watch-list.

Turns out you got it at a very good price, and it's much nicer and older than I would have expected - I figured it was one of the 2nd generation ones from the '50s, but this looks like a very solid example from the '30s. Nice pick-up!

(and thanks for saving me from another hat purchase :p )
I passed on it earlier and thought you might buy it. I was surprised when it came up again at the improved price. It is nicer than expected. They made some nice felt for a $5.00 hat. Also included a 1939 Esquire C&K ad with the box and similar competitive product:
4486846867_c77941357a_b.jpg

ScottF

Call Me a Cab
rlk said:
I passed on it earlier and thought you might buy it. I was surprised when it came up again at the improved price. It is nicer than expected. They made some nice felt for a $5.00 hat. Also included a 1939 Esquire C&K ad with the box and similar competitive product:

Well, I am having to totally back away from hats, so glad you got it instead. Other than a tiny rotation group of 5, I've stored most, ebay'd others - clearing space for a pile of art I recently purchased. I used to collect old etchings, woodcuts, albumens, etc, then mat and frame. Looks like I'm back into that for the forseeable future. I'm guessing this is probably an area we have in common to some extent.

Fedora Jay

Familiar Face
my first

I posted this up in the Knox thread, but I wanted to share here too, my first vintage hat, a Knox Twenty. I'm still working on the bash, the left side of the pinch is poking up strangely. I think I'm going to have to hit it with some steam to get it to cooperate.

knoxtwenty032.jpg

knoxtwenty033.jpg

knoxtwenty034.jpg

knoxtwenty035.jpg

CRH

Call Me a Cab
Fedora Jay said:
I posted this up in the Knox thread, but I wanted to share here too, my first vintage hat, a Knox Twenty. I'm still working on the bash, the left side of the pinch is poking up strangely. I think I'm going to have to hit it with some steam to get it to cooperate.

Very cool, especially for a first, FJ! :eusa_clap

buler

I'll Lock Up
Mojo working....

I was kind of worried about my hat mojo after not finding much on the Monteagle trip. So I had a couple of hours to kill yesterday and went to a few places. I guess I need to stick to my neck of the woods.

B

mojo.jpg

buler

I'll Lock Up
jimmy the lid said:
Amazing, buler. What's that fedora in the center of the photo?

Thanks JTL. Its a Marathon with a very cool 6 cord medium height ribbon and 4 cord brim binding. Needs a little cleanup.

B

marathon_6cord_4.jpg

marathon_6cord_2.jpg

marathon_6cord_3.jpg

buler said:
I was kind of worried about my hat mojo after not finding much on the Monteagle trip. So I had a couple of hours to kill yesterday and went to a few places. I guess I need to stick to my neck of the woods.

B

Great haul! :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap Can you give a size breakdown?

Milwaukee and Wisconsin in general is a vintage hat gold mine. :eusa_clap

rlk

I'll Lock Up
buler said:

B

mojo.jpg
Must have been my luck, now worn off.;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe