Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cracker

One of the Regulars
Welcome, Playa Playa. If you've heard that saying, then you've probably heard "no one's so poor they can't clean up their yard." Nice to have another attorney around; we're not all sharks.

--Cracker, Esq.

GoneSolo

One of the Regulars
Cracker said:
IMG_8604.jpg

Cracker, you are obtaining some great lids!:eusa_clap

jeffconnors

A-List Customer
A rough diamond in the rough

I found this great Lee "trinity"..... Whippet clone...looks to be 40's Very rare 7 5/8 LO size!! Light Green with gold trim and ribbon,what a color combo, my favorite
The previous owner was one sweaty boy, I have been cleaning sweat stains off the grosgrain, sweatbanda and liner for hours...here's some rough shots, too big for me may send it to the bay or send it to optimo/art to replace the trim and grosgrain, the liner is on its way out(silk is shattering) but I don't wanna replace it as the lee logo is an actual patch of sewn fabric, not embossing!. Shes in ruff shape but what a beaut!

DSCF3817.jpg

DSCF3815.jpg

DSCF3809.jpg

DSCF3808.jpg

DSCF3813.jpg

DSCF3806.jpg

DSCF3811.jpg

suitedcboy

One Too Many
jeffconnors said:
I found this great Lee "trinity"..... Whippet clone...looks to be 40's Very rare 7 5/8 LO size!! Light Green with gold trim and ribbon,what a color combo, my favorite
The previous owner was one sweaty boy, I have been cleaning sweat stains off the grosgrain, sweatbanda and liner for hours...here's some rough shots, too big for me may send it to the bay or send it to optimo/art to replace the trim and grosgrain, the liner is on its way out(silk is shattering) but I don't wanna replace it as the lee logo is an actual patch of sewn fabric, not embossing!. Shes in ruff shape but what a beaut!

DSCF3817.jpg

There is something about this hat that makes those stains look so appropriate as they are.
Of course maybe it's an Indy Jones thing and you may not be planning to save damsels in distress at an archaeological dig.
A classy and classic fedora!

jeffconnors

A-List Customer
suitedcboy said:
jeffconnors said:

DSCF3817.jpg

There is something about this hat that makes those stains look so appropriate as they are.
Of course maybe it's an Indy Jones thing and you may not be planning to save damsels in distress at an archaeological dig.
A classy and classic fedora!
lol... Nahh my damsel in dress ware consists of a fine peirre Cardin suit and an amculate bowler hat ...John steed style :)

ScottF

Call Me a Cab
Re-blocked this Cavanagh over the weekend. It looked good after the initial cleaning, but needed a good scrubbing, which was well worth it. The color is as accurate as I can get - dark brown with burgundy overtones.

CavSideUnB.jpg
CavFrontUnB.jpg

CavSide.jpg
CavBottom4.jpg

ScottF

Call Me a Cab
Borsalino Leo XXXXX

This one arrived very dirty, mildewy, just plain nasty. Re-blocked and cleaned, only issues are a small amount of residual sweat stain at the bottom front of the ribbon, and some interior wear. Super-soft and floppy, great taupe color - my gf is always trying to get me to deplete my hat collection, but says I can never get rid of this one:

BorsLeoSideUnB.jpg
BorsLeoTopUnB2.jpg

BorsLeoSide.jpg
BorsLeoBottomDtl.jpg

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
You've come to find your particular shape . Both look quite a bit like the Stetson Select you just sold - which is a compliment.

ScottF

Call Me a Cab
Emerson Dryette

Lefty said:
You've come to find your particular shape . Both look quite a bit like the Stetson Select you just sold - which is a compliment.

Thanks Lefty. My tastes have evolved quite a bit, but I'm still more of a raw-edge, medium ribbon guy. Speaking of which, here's another one that I've only had a couple of weeks: Emerson's answer to Stetson's Playboy - the Emerson Dryette. It's a 1940's grey-blue, with soft felt and very easy to bash. Just gave it a good brushing, and ready to wear.

EmersonFront.jpg
EmersonBottom.jpg

EmersonSweatlogos.jpg

Mario said:
Wow. Another rare find - you really know how to pick 'em, Steve! :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Actually got this one on US eBay (Dieter saw it too but didn't bid). Went higher than I expected but luckily it turned out to be in good condition.

Lefty, Thanks for the props! :)

Viper Man

Banned
billyspew said:
I've had 2 Adam Homburgs turn up this week:

An early 1950's model, taupe with a grey ribbon:
4444363402_d393f29934.jpg

A late 1940's model, tan with a copper coloured ribbon:
4443590171_c299d0943a.jpg

More pics in Adam Alley.

:eusa_clap Those are amazing, Billy. Very nice condition for the age. I really like the tall crown on the second hat.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe