Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

RobStC

A-List Customer
djgo-cat-go said:
With many, many thanks to RLK I present to you my Cavanagh:

It's grey, greenish, black grosgrain ribbon.. Seriously classy proportioned in my opinion.. The felt is resilient: the hat came crushed (unfortunately, no-one to blame but the mail-man who decided that the mail-order television-set could be on top of my hat lol ;) ) and popped back into shape in a wink.. I am, again, a happy man.

WOW :eek: That is one great looking hat - colour, proportions and everything about it! Looks absolutely great on you, djgo..... Superb!!!!! :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

RobStC

djgo-cat-go

Practically Family
thanks everyone!, i'm a bit lazy, thanking each and everyone personally. I was fortunate because this hat was way too big for rlk's head.. Thanks again rlk..

Mr. Paladin

My Mail is Forwarded Here
djgo-cat-go said:
With many, many thanks to RLK I present to you my Cavanagh:It's grey, greenish, black grosgrain ribbon.. Seriously classy proportioned in my opinion.. The felt is resilient: the hat came crushed (unfortunately, no-one to blame but the mail-man who decided that the mail-order television-set could be on top of my hat lol ;) ) and popped back into shape in a wink.. I am, again, a happy man.

You are on your way to a record; you are up to 4X:arated: Well done!

J.J. Gittes

A-List Customer
New Mallory "Twelve Fifty", also posted in the Mallory Mile Thread.
IMG_9298.jpg

IMG_9301.jpg

CRH

Call Me a Cab
ScionPI2005 said:
Spectacular hat, djgo-cat0go! It suits you very well!

Looks like I have to stand up for this one...

:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

What really rocks is the dressy lid against the casual jean jacket and the t-shirt!

Anything goes. You bet!

CRH

Call Me a Cab
J.J. Gittes said:
New Mallory "Twelve Fifty", also posted in the Mallory Mile Thread.

That crown action is like a roller coaster ride! Black and white... WOW! Is it really that white?

This one strikes me as a hat that both a pimp and a preacher could agree on ;).

indycop

I'll Lock Up
djgo-cat-go said:
With many, many thanks to RLK I present to you my Cavanagh:
It's grey, greenish, black grosgrain ribbon.. Seriously classy proportioned in my opinion.. The felt is resilient: the hat came crushed (unfortunately, no-one to blame but the mail-man who decided that the mail-order television-set could be on top of my hat lol ;) ) and popped back into shape in a wink.. I am, again, a happy man.
Looks perfect!:eusa_clap

J.J. Gittes

A-List Customer
CRH said:
That crown action is like a roller coaster ride! Black and white... WOW! Is it really that white?
This one strikes me as a hat that both a pimp and a preacher could agree on ;)

It's as white as it can be without being pure white. I'll take a comparison shot next to a piece of paper soon.

Love This:
This one strikes me as a hat that both a pimp and a preacher could agree on ;)

HarpPlayerGene

I'll Lock Up
Wow, deej', let me add my compliments to you on that Cavanagh. Wonderful hat and you really look great in it. Of all the hats and brands I've got, I don't have a Cav'. All the ones I've had a chance at were stingy brimmed so I passed. THAT is one perfectly classic fedora and I'm a bit jealous in a friendly way. Good goin, rlk and dj! :eusa_clap

Aureliano

I'll Lock Up
rlk said:
3969620654_4a1a8f3103.jpg

Postal services survived!:) More to come.

That's awesome! This postcard was glued to the hatbox in which my Cervo came. Worth and Worth, back in the late 1920's used to sell Cervo hats. I was lucky to score one from Orlando (current owner) old stock and I love it!
have I posted pictures of it?

DSC04231.jpg

HarpPlayerGene

I'll Lock Up
Well, I finally own a topper.

'Twas a local thrift store score for only $10-. Gotta' love that. I've wanted one of these since I was about seven years old but this one will probably only temporarily be in my collection.

A decent Dobbs, not incredibly old, I'd think. In good shape as far as the fur and the brim, but lacking a ribbon and an inside bow. Also showing some weird distorted portion on the wide leather sweatband which I hope to tame with Lexol, moisture and a hat jack.

The bad news/good news is that it is too big for me. No size information to be found but I estimate it at about 7-1/2 which may make this a good resale item once I've fixed up its deficiencies and brushed the fur to a high shine.

I'd really appreciate any ideas about the date of manufacture as well as any tips on getting a ribbon for/on it.

As is is now:

DSC_0001.jpg

DSC_0006.jpg

DSC_0007.jpg

DSC_0013.jpg

DSC_0012.jpg

DSC_0008.jpg

DSC_0011.jpg

rlk

I'll Lock Up
Its been a great week for seeing hats passed on to FL'ers. Sue,Mario and Diego have all looked great in hats that I got to experience personally. A very positive conclusion after the initial disappointments over the sellers' gross errors regarding size. The big Cavanagh is still a favorite.

billyspew

One Too Many
rlk said:
Its been a great week for seeing hats passed on to FL'ers. Sue,Mario and Diego have all looked great in hats that I got to experience personally. A very positive conclusion after the initial disappointments over the sellers' gross errors regarding size. The big Cavanagh is still a favorite.

What a great service you're providing, it's nice that when these errors occur you can pass them on, rather than sticking them back on the 'bay. I'm sure your efforts are appreciated. Now, if only I wasn't the same size as you ;)

jwalls

Vendor
HarpPlayerGene said:
Well, I finally own a topper.

'Twas a local thrift store score for only $10-. Gotta' love that. I've wanted one of these since I was about seven years old but this one will probably only temporarily be in my collection.

A decent Dobbs, not incredibly old, I'd think. In good shape as far as the fur and the brim, but lacking a ribbon and an inside bow. Also showing some weird distorted portion on the wide leather sweatband which I hope to tame with Lexol, moisture and a hat jack.

The bad news/good news is that it is too big for me. No size information to be found but I estimate it at about 7-1/2 which may make this a good resale item once I've fixed up its deficiencies and brushed the fur to a high shine.

I'd really appreciate any ideas about the date of manufacture as well as any tips on getting a ribbon for/on it.

As is is now:

DSC_0001.jpg

DSC_0006.jpg

DSC_0007.jpg

DSC_0013.jpg

DSC_0012.jpg

DSC_0008.jpg

DSC_0011.jpg
Gene; don't forget to post this to 'topper' thread. Great hat.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe