Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.
Habig Homburg

Habig Homburg. Looks like it was never worn. Doesn't have a paper label which is strange but I am thinking late 50s.

3930041648_bfb60ed4e3_b.jpg

3930041792_b972496e33_b.jpg

3930042288_fc72937662_b.jpg

ScottF

Call Me a Cab
Roninjedi said:
AHA! Creative accounting, then? Well, I've just posted the Royal in the Classifieds. I really do want that Sovereign, but I'm just concerned about the reaction from She Who Must Not Be Annoyed.

Although, now that I think about it, the couch is actually pretty comfortable... :D

If you work it right, they come around. A good stealth move is to get SWMNBA involved in your hobby. Make it partly hers as well. Start by figuring out her head-size and picking out a vintage fedora on ebay that would look good on her. About every fifteen hats, get one for her. Buy one or two for yourself in 'girl' colors (lavender or maroon sweatband). They will still look good on you and she'll love looking at them. Another hint: mine LOVES green hats. The week that I made my 5 green hat scores was when she came around completely.

Roninjedi

One of the Regulars
ScottF said:
If you work it right, they come around. A good stealth move is to get SWMNBA involved in your hobby. Make it partly hers as well.

Thanks, Scott! Working on that slowly. I had an old, cheap wool fedora I bought at a renaissance festival. It was too small to begin with and got smaller over the years. I took off the old ribbon and put on a wider ribbon. I made a back bow that's somewhat reminiscent of a kimono bow and gave it to her. She likes it but she hasn't taken to wearing it yet. One thing at a time, I suppose.

Old ribbon and bow:
3866858032_3b11132e45.jpg

Bleah!
3866073675_97e599258a.jpg

The new stuff:
3866858142_0fa5f492c2.jpg

I did my best to hide the tacking stitches under the folds in the bow.
3866073929_8602e63d96.jpg

The other day I changed it slightly into a more "hollywood brim". Now if I can just get her to be comfortable wearing the thing.

billysmom

One Too Many
Dobbs

From rlk's 6 7/8 24-hour sale:

Dobbs2.jpg

DobbsLiner-1.jpg

Dobbshead.jpg

2 3/4" brim with 5/8" grosgrain brim binding. 1 5/8" ribbon, 5" uncreased crown.

Very pliable - there's a casual slouchiness about it that tells me that it's best not to ask it for much rigid posture.

It fits me just fine :D - thanks, rlk!

Sue

billysmom said:
From rlk's 6 7/8 24-hour sale:

Dobbshead.jpg

2 3/4" brim with 5/8" grosgrain brim binding. 1 5/8" ribbon, 5" uncreased crown.

Very pliable - there's a casual slouchiness about it that tells me that it's best not to ask it for much rigid posture.

It fits me just fine :D - thanks, rlk!

Sue

Another winner. RLK sure finds some amazing hats. Great color combo and brim binding.

billysmom

One Too Many
mayserwegener said:
Habig Homburg. Looks like it was never worn. Doesn't have a paper label which is strange but I am thinking late 50s.

3930041648_bfb60ed4e3_b.jpg

Wonderful, mayserwegener! Please post an image of you wearing it!!!
:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Dreispitz

One Too Many
jwalls said:
Last month I was looking through some old stock in my hatter's storage area, and found some velour bodies. http://www.xoopit.com/s/20um7cjq58enep184y1x Here is the finished product. http://www.xoopit.com/s/20um7cjq58enexucjm1a The pictures really don't show as well as I had hoped.

Nice one! I like choosing the cloth for suits and raw materials for other things, like cocking, or so. It is good if one can be part of the process of bringing something to existence! Great choice!

jwalls

Vendor
Dreispitz said:
Nice one! I like choosing the cloth for suits and raw materials for other things, like cocking, or so. It is good if one can be part of the process of bringing something to existence! Great choice!
My hatter has promised that I can have access to the velour bodies because they are no longer availble and cannot be use in his catalogue. I think maybe a homburg next.

BobC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
A new Stetson came to our house today.

IMG_1441.jpg

IMG_1442.jpg

It appears to have never been creased. Nice soft felt. It does have a bit of a problem with the ribbon though. If I wet it and smooth it out will that take care of it?

thunderw21

I'll Lock Up
Found these during my travels across Iowa the last 3 days. Didn't pay more than $20 for a single hat.

First, my favorite of the bunch. Late '30s or very early '40s ventilated Panama (the newspaper in the sweatband dates from 1940). Very fine weave, grayish sweatband, brand unknown. Needs some work.
1930sventilatedPanama001.jpg

1930sventilatedPanama002.jpg

1930sventilatedPanama00.jpg

1950s Stevens, similar to the Stetson 'Gun Club'. Watch for this in the Classifieds.
1950sStevens.jpg

1940s longhair Royal Stetson. Unlined. A very small 6 3/4". Watch for this in the Classifieds.
1940sRoyalStetsonlonghair001.jpg

1940sRoyalStetsonlonghair002.jpg

WW1(?) campaign hat.
WW1campaignhat001.jpg

1930s Stetson Special with the box that came with it, not original to the hat.
1930sStetsonSpecial001.jpg

1930sStetsonSpecial002.jpg

1930sStetsonSpecial003.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe